Chapter 3: Stacey Miller

"The victims name is Stacey Miller. She's lived in Chicago all of her life. Shes in med school. According to her family she wasn't seeing anyone seriously and didn't think she could be pregnant. They did say she's been distant lately," Upton says.
"The coroner just called, she was pregnant. She estimates the baby was 35 weeks," Halstead says. Everyone gets quiet knowing that means there's a baby out there who could possibly need medical attention.
"Let's find this baby, lean on your CIs. Kev, Adam and Kim I want you three working on surveillance. There's so many cameras around where we found the body. One of you dump her phone. You other 3, get out on the streets and see if there's any chatter for a baby," Voight instructs. They split up accordingly. Kevin, Adam and Kim head down to the tech area.
"I'll dump her phone if you guys want to look through footage," I say.
"Hey are you okay? Do you need a minute?" Adam asks me with his hand on my shoulder.
"Let's just find this baby first," I say and he nods and we all get to work.

After a few hours of searching the team meets back upstairs to discuss what they found.
"All I found on her phone was texts from family and friends, nothing out of the ordinary. She did have a reminder for an appointment at an OB office that I would like to talk to," I say.
"We couldn't find anything helpful on surveillance there aren't any pods and home security cameras are to far from the shot," Atwater says.
"We didn't hear a thing about the murder or a child srg. No one seems to know anything," Upton says.
"I'm thinking this isn't gang related, our CIs would have heard something" Jay chimes in.
"Yeah I agree it seems personal to me" Rojas states.
"Okay Kim and Adam you check out the OB office and see what you can find out" Voight orders.

They head off downstairs and Adam drives. He noticed that I'm is pretty quiet
"Hey talk to me,what's going on?" He asks me.
"I just can't believe that someone would cut out an unborn child from a woman. There's so many other options if you want a child" I say angrily.
"I agree with you. Let's just see what the OB says about the baby first. One step at a time darling," Adam says.
I give him a reassuring smile and grab his hand. I need something to ground me. I don't even time to think about Adam and me and what it means. If there's a baby we have to find it and we have to find it soon.

Authors Note: sorry this chapter is short, I just started working night shift so my schedule is messed up