chappie 17

teruhashi suggested that it's best to fill your tummy with something before playing non-stop at an arcade. you knew she has high standards when it comes to dishes, hence why you told her that she should choose a place.

she did suggest one. the prices were affordable, so everyone agreed.

the blue haired teen that's seated beside you inside the fast-food restaurant intensely gives you a sideway stare, confident thatvyou wouldn't notice her since you've been pouring your attention on your phone or to kusuo and his friends.

"i haven't seen her up close for so long.." the pretty girl thought to herself as she leaned her back on her seat. "I..."

"wait, so you're temporarily not a regular?" kaidou asked, referring to your basketball club and its upcoming match this month.

"i'll be back once my ankle heals." you said, stomping your foot on the floor, flashing kaidou a smile. "it'll take some time, but i'll be able to join in future matches if i'm patient."

nendou then began to aimlessly talk about how he almost broke his ankle by jumping in new year's eve, which kaidou found completely dumb. how can someone break their ankle by jumping a few centimeters up in the air?

you glanced at your phone that you've been holding ever since the day had started. taking a deep breath, you set the device aside, leaning your arm on the table as you turned your head to teruhashi's direction, a sweet smile forming your lips.

"hi." you said, keeping your smile on your lips. "is something on my face? you've been staring for a while now."

teruhashi blinks back to reality as she shifted uncomfortably on her seat. without noticing her cheeks began to heat up after receiving the attention she's been craving the whole time.

"kokomi?" you called out, tilting your head as you waved your hand in front of her face, laughing at her reddened face. "are you oka-"

teruhashi then began to aggressively waved her hand in front of you, making you cut your own sentence off.

"god..! i know that you're on my side-but.." teruhashi's aggressive swinging slows down as she slowly looks up to catch a glimpse of you curiously looking at her with your typical smile. "if this goes on.."

"oh. we can relate on the same thing." kusuo thought after hearing the thoughts lingering in teruhashi's hear. he was referring to the time where he grew awfully confuse to what he was feeling towards you. but he somehow got the hang of it and thought that maybe it was just some error happening in his head caused by stress.

he never really thought teruhashi would take interest in you. if the time comes, he hopes that he can know how that happened.

you noticed that when you touched the blue headed female, she began to heat up even more which made you grow very concern.

"i don't..are you feeling okay?" you asked, your voice filled with concern as you slowly stood up from your seat, placing a hand on top of teruhashi's head as you looked at the cashier counter. "i'll get you some water. kaidou, can you look after her for a bit?"

kaidou took his attention off of nendou as he heard his name getting called. "huh? wait, is something wrong?!" he called out but you were already making your way to the cashier counter. "teruhashi, are you okay?!"

you were lucky enough to sneak your way to kusuo, who was standing in line and was ready to order. you grabbed his arm, gesturing your hands around since you forgot what you were there for after seeing him look at you.