Chapter 6

Kirishima's POV
We were at a low point in the movie and my attention span was running low since nothing interesting was happening.

I didn't know what to do. I was bored, but I didn't want to pull out my phone because, one: that's a dick move, and two: it would definitely make Bakugou angry.

I know from watching interviews and reading articles that Bakugou is a hot-head. I can tell just by looking at him anyway.

I turned my gaze toward the blonde in question. For some reason, I felt... safe. Sitting next to him I mean. It also felt kind of weird in a way. Don't get me wrong, it's totally awesome that I'm actually sitting next to him. It just feels so surreal.

I've idolized him for a while now, so it's just strange that now I call him by his real name. There's this feeling that I get when I'm around him though. He has this aura that surrounds him that makes me feel comfortable. Yeah, he's intense at times, but there's something about him that I just can't seem to shake.

Maybe I only feel safe and content sitting next to him because he's the Ground Zero? I always listen to his music when I'm sad, angry, happy, or really just in my feelings. So now that I've been talking to him, I subconsciously feel better because even though he doesn't know it, he's helped me through a lot.

Now that I'm sitting this close to him, I've noticed a couple of things in his features that I didn't know he had. Nor was it something that any cameras had picked up.

He has very light freckles on his nose and a bit on his cheeks. There's not very many, but they're there nonetheless. He also has pretty long eyelashes, at least for a guy's standards. His hair looks a lot softer in person too. In photos and videos, it looks like it's a lot more spikey.

I continued to study Bakugou's features until I heard a low grumble escape from his throat.

"Quit staring at me," he quietly growled.

"Staring?"

"Yeah. Y'know, that thing that happens when you look at something or someone for a longer period of time than fucking necessary?" He whispered sarcastically.

Before I could even process the thought in my head, my stupid mouth opened before I could stop myself.

"Sorry! I couldn't help it. You're just really handsome." And this is where I mentally face palm myself for being a complete idiot. I felt my face begin to rapidly heat up. If I could see myself right now, I'd bet that my face was the same color as my hair.

"Did I just say that out loud!? I didn't mean hot- er-handsome! I meant cute! I-I mean pretty- wait, no- attractive- no, um- that's... ahem. I'll just stop talking now." At this point, both of our faces were the same color as my hair. Maybe even a brighter red for all I knew.

I didn't mean to say everything that I was thinking, but I couldn't help it. My brain literally started to vomit thoughts and my mouth decided that they were okay to be spoken. Way to go teamwork, but of all times for my brain to cooperate with me, it chose now. Just my luck.

I quickly turned my attention back to the movie. I felt so embarrassed. Bakugou isn't even gay! He probably thinks I'm some kind of freak or something. This is definitely not manly.

Suddenly, I heard some snickering coming from just past Bakugou. I leaned forward to get a good look at who it was. Would you believe my luck when I tell you that all three of my friends were laughing at me?