Chapter 1

*4 months later*
Crystal's POV

I was finally getting a peaceful night sleep in a while. I was pulled out of my dreams about unicorns and rainbows when my phone ringed. I groaned and rolled over. Who would be calling at 4:00 in the morning? I grabbed my phone and looked at the caller ID "Agent Aaron Hougner". I answered with a simple "hello". "Crystal, I know it's your day off and it's 4:00 in the morning but we need you. A celebrity has been killed and we need every man we have on this case" he said in a serious tone. "Ok, I'll be there. Just give me about an hour" I said, more awake and alert now. We said our goodbyes and hung up. I rolled out of bed and went straight to my dresser. I got out my everyday work clothes which was: a silk, dark blue button-up shirt, some black pants, and my black converse. I walked to the bathroom and stripped out of my clothes. I put the water on the right temp and got in the shower. After I got out, I grabbed 2 towels, one for my hair and one for my body. I walked to my bedroom and dried off. I got dressed and got my badge, nametag, gun, gun pouch, and handcuffs and handcuff holder out. I put my badge in my pocket and put on my nametag. I put the rest in my purse and went to the bathroom again. I blow dried my hair and brushed it out. I put it up in a ponytail and went to my bedroom. I grabbed my purse and headed downstairs. When I got downstairs, I looked at the clock stove, 4:40. I sighed and headed out the door to my red Jeep. I got in, buckled up, and sighed, "here comes another long case" and backed out the driveway.

Ross's POV

I walked into a small cafè in the poor side of town where people didn't really know me. "Can I help you" the lady at the counter said. "Coffee please" I said, took a seat at a table. I glanced at the tv to see a news reporter at Laura's house. "Yesterday at 8:00 PM, teen superstar Laura Marano was found dead at her house. Witnesses say they saw a white male, in his teens, run out of the house and disappear in the many people walking. Cops have the Virginia FBI Agency coming out to Las Angela's to did the killer. We will keep you updated to this horrible story". I slumped down in my seat and drank my coffee. What am I supposed to do now? The Feds are looking for me!