THE SECRET LAIR

Cleo was bouncing from left to right when I arrived. When she saw me come up the steps- wearing ozur eye liner, a green tank top, black jeans, and my hair in two French braids-she freaked.
    " OHMYGOSHOHMYGOSHOHMYGOSH!" She screamed insanely loud.
    " Hey.... what's up?" I say trying to act cool about yesterday's incident, even though she was acting super- how do I say this?- high.
    " Natalie I've literally been worried sick about you!" She yelled once again, damn! I'm gonna be deaf after this!
    " Kay! Can you stop yelling in my ear now?!"
I yelled back, getting kind of pissed.
    " OK! OK!" She answered.
    " Good," I reply, " And about yesterday... Sorry I ran off like that, I guess I was just overreacting a bit."
    " Oh, it's fine! Britney was anyway being a big a-hole! She totally deserved whatever that was!" Cleo exclaimed, sigh, Cleo could definitely blow up her top.

    " Anyways.... I wanna tell you something, Britney has an adopted sister named Brooklyn," Cleo informed me.
    " What?!" I exclaim," Now I'm gonna be bullied twice as much!"
Just then a black limo pulled up to the side of the curb of the school, and a girl with brown wavy hair, blue eyes, less make up then Britney at least, and her clothes looked like they came from a billionaires store.
" Let me guess, Brooklyn Block," I pointed out as Cleo nodded.
I feel a manicured nail poke my shoulder, and by instinct I turn around immediately.

    " Oh, hey! You remember that incident yesterday? Yeah, I went to the doctor and he said that my spine was crooked! It's all your fault! I'm gonna be in a wheelchair by next week! And I'm gonna be forced to go to school like that!" She snapped.
I honestly almost laughed. It's just the way she was making a big deal out of it. Like WTH?
I think I snorted or something because she yelled,"You think it's funny?!"
I chuckle. " Yeah a bit."
    " Ugh!" She huffed, stomping her foot. Just when she was about to leave- there was Brooklyn.
    " What's going on?" Brooklyn asked.
I see Britney roll her eyes under her eyelids, and then she chirped," Oh nothing! But I would love for you to meet Cleo and Natalie! Our arch enemys!" Brooklyn looks at her like she's insane, but then her expression softens and she's like, "OMG! I totally get it!"
" Really?!" Britney asks.
" Yeah! It's something like... your being a big bitch to them, and now you want me to side with you so we can kill them!" Brooklyn exclaims, actually sounding more pumped than mad. Even though she's pissed. Britney glares at Brooklyn, who slurps a strawberry-banana milkshake, just staring at Britney, with hidden anger. Britney stomps off, murmuring something about never wanting a sister.

" Ugh," Brooklyn sighs, rubbing her temple with her left hand, clearly pissed, " Sorry 'bout that, she can be a big jerk at times."
Huh. Surprising.
" So anyways, would you guys want to go on a picnic with me at Hyena Hill? I'd rather have some friends with me than be alone," She asks, not hesitating the slightest bit.
" Sure!" Cleo responds.
" I wouldn't mind," I reply.
" Great! I'll meet you after school then! And don't call me Brooklyn, I'd rather be called Brooke," Brooke explains.
Me and Cleo just nod in an understanding way.
" OK then! I'll see you after school!"
                                * * *
    Brooke waits there while me and Cleo trot down the steps.
    " Took ya long enough!" Brooke yells with a roll of her eye.
    " Hey! It ain't my fault someone had to stop and flirt with some random guy she likes!" I say, glaring at Cleo.
    " What? It's not my fault he bumped into me!"
Cleo exclaims.
    " Kay, lets just stop with the arguing and get in the limo," Brooke says, trying to calm the tension.
    " Well, ITS NOT MY FAULT THAT YOU ASKED US WHAT TOOK US SO LONG!" Cleo shouts.
    " WHATEVER! Just get in the freakin limo, for gosh sake!" Brooke yells playfully.
    " FINE!" Cleo and I scream.
We get in the limousine, and drive off.
But I was not thinking bout that dream I had before bout Hyena Hill.
                                   * * *
When we arrive Cleo and Brooke started unpacking the snacks, we have tiny sandwich's, grapes, fries, and lemonade.
" Hey Brooke, where's the out house here?" I ask. What? I need to pee.
" Yea! Um... just around that corner!" Brooke answers.
" Kay, thanks!" I reply, already on my way to go do number one.
I turn the corner and spot a grey, ten meter tall, out house. But that's not the first thing I spot. I see a wall of dirt, mud, and rock. I'm pretty sure your wondering why I spot that first-am I right? Well because it goes up like about ten thousand feet, it has a lot of carved names on it, it has this out line of like a cave entrance or something, and has a dent on the right of the out line, it looks too familiar, but I have no clue of what. I examine this wall a bit more closely, and what struck me is that all the carved names on it had the last name of Silver. I trace my finger on one of the names that said Gabriella Silver.
Why does it seem this name calls out to me?
I don't know.
A sharp threatening pain suddenly spreads through my shoulder, I feel it rip through my flesh, making me scream. I pull away and face the monster that had attacked me.
Wow.
It was a bear. And not one of those cute ones you see on commercials. This one has to be at least twenty feet tall, teeth and claws that's like thirty centimetres, and his fur is jet black. But then it caught my attention that the eyes-it's eyes are the colour of fresh blood. Speaking of blood my shirt is soaked in it. Suddenly remembering my wound, it stung even more, I put my hand onto my shoulder, making the pain worse, the blood ran through my fingers and into my nails.
Deep breaths, I tell myself, closing my eyes. I open them to find that the wound's gone and
my shirt's back to normal, and the pain vanished.
Cool.
   " Well now that that's gone- how do you wanna do this? The easy way or the hard way?"
I question the bear, stretching my arm, testing it before I'm gonna kill it. The bear-like monster looks at me with a paralyzed look in its eyes, cocking it's head.
That's enough for me.
    " Ok then, I guess that's a " yes" for the hard way!" I say. And then I hear this voice in my head, 'Put your arms up and then put them down.' So I do that.
And the craziest thing happens.
A gust of water shoots out of my hands and hits the bear square in the chest.
" Bullseye!" I yell with victory as the bear slams into the rock wall. But it's still conscious, I do the same movement once again but this time wind came from behind me and blew the bear upward, and it came crashing down, and it was not a pretty sight.
When it landed its head split in half and little pieces of brain falls out, and onto my shoes.
Ew.
I go to examine the cave wall a bit more and trace the out line of the deep dent in the wall.
Oh!
Now I know what the dent recognizes me of! I pull the gem out from my back pocket and slam it into the dent.
Nothing happens.
I said that too soon.
The wall shakes uncontrollably, kind of making the ground rumble, but before I know it I'm staring into a infinite long hallway full of crystals.
I walk in slowly, trying to take in the beautiful view, of crystals of all kinds forged into the walls, and there's also a pond with shining jewels in it, looks like this pond leads to the ocean.
Wow.
And then i see this table like thing, but the top is clear with glass, another indent on the side.
I run to get the crystal from the other side of the cave and run back and place it into the dent.
And what happens next surprises me....