FIELD TRIP

Noise burst in the bright yellow bus. The bus driver turned the keys and the engine hummed to life. I sat down at a seat at the back of the bus, the seat was torn and looked like it was about to fall apart. I stare out the window for what seemed like a minute, then I hear a voice,"Can I sit with you?"
    I turn my head and find myself staring into those hazel eyes with black hair falling on top of them.
    I blinked a couple times to see if I was hallucinating. Nope!
    " You!" I yell. The girl mimicked what I did before- she blinked a couple times and then seems to recognize me.
    " Oh, yeah, I bumped into you the day before, didn't I?" She replied.
    " Uh, yeah, you did," I stammer.
    " Now, can I sit here or not?" The girl asked. I flap my bronze lashes and say," Uh... sure."
    "So I didn't get to introduce myself before 'cause you ran off," she stated," Anyway I'm Cleopatra- long name I know so people always call me Cleo."
Umm ok...?
Then I figure I should introduce myself as well.
    " I'm Natalie."
    " Cool! Is it ok if I call you Thalia?" Cleo asked.
    " Sure! I don't mind," I reply.
    " Cool."
We talked for the rest of the ride.

    " So I've never seen you in town, did you move?" She asked after a while. Suddenly I felt drowned by my sudden sadness at the mention of the move.
    " Uh, yeah, I thought having a friend would make me forget about it, but it seems they'd like to mention it," I spat back, looking at my hands that rested on my knees.
    " Sorry," Cleo apologized, and I actually heard some empathy in her voice.
    " It's ok," I reply, " I was just missing home, but I think you can change that- if you don't ever mention the move ever again! Got it?"
    " Yes ma'am."
I laugh.
Suddenly the bus come to a sudden stop and the driver yells for all of us to get our butts out of there. Gladly.
We all hop off the bus, to the sound of a high pitch yell," Ok! Students, I will be your host for this afternoons tour of the Crystal Caves!" There was a woman probably in her mid twenties with dirty blond hair and chocolate brown eyes. I hear one of the boys say, " Damn, she's hot," yeah, so far I'm not liking this trip. As she started to walk into the caves we all trailed behind her. The woman had introduced herself, but it was way too long for me to remember, it was something like Cassandra Andromeda HarleyHo - something like that, not totally sure. I wasn't paying attention when suddenly she asked how crystals or diamonds were formed or something, and felt a hand raise from behind me.
    " Yes?" Miss Long Name said, pointing her finger to what looked about above my head. The person started answering and I got a quick glimpse of the boy, he had raven black hair and Jade green eyes. Cute. :)
After the boy finished explaining the host had exclaimed, " Great explanation! I love it!" Her eyes sparkling, " Now let's continue on the tour, shall we?"
While she blabbed on and about I paid no attention and my gaze kept wandering to all the beautiful jewels in the walls of the cave. But then a certain one caught my eye.

    It sparkles much more than all the others, it's much more fascinating than all the others. It's like my feet had a mind of their own, they just started walking to the crystal. The closer I got- the more curious I got. When I was about a foot away I looked at it intently. All the crystals looked as beautiful as heck, but this one makes me feel something more.
My hand tingled as my fingers ran along the smooth surface and the sharp blade-like edges. My finger wrapped around the crystal and a tingling sensation ran through me. I pull at it. Wanting it out, so I could get a better look at it. I pull at it harder, it nudged. I pull at it with all my strength. It loosens just enough for me to pull it out without cutting myself. Once I have the jewel flat in the palm of my hand the floor begins to rumble, and it was raining pieces of rock. Earthquake.

    " Everyone to the exit! Now!" Miss Long Name demanded. I just stood there, astounded.
" You! Girl in the black jeans! GO!" That's my cue. I run out of there as long as my short legs could take me. Once I'm out of harms way I stuff the crystal into my back pocket. Then I face the crowd to find Cleo. But she finds me instead.
    " Hey you ok?" I asked her, she looked fine to me but it seemed like I had to ask it.
    " Yea, but that was..." Cleo replied, not finishing her sentence.
    " Was what?" I question her.
    " A BLAST!" She exclaimed.
    " WHAT?!" We all screamed, she just laughed.