Episode 10: Pop Star's Façade

Începe de la început

"Well, not saying I don't believe you or anything, but he was a security guard here for goodness knows how long. What I mean is, we don't know anything about what's been happening here. There's obviously some drama or something," Sophitia suggested. Infia looked like she was going to tear up. "Ah, I just have to be open minded, okay? Sorry about that."

"Oh great, now some kids are sneaking back stage and- hey you!" a girl's voice shouted loud enough for the hallway to shake, making them all jump. Lute and Infia's eyes widened now, and the latter froze up completely.

A Pikachu was stomped toward them, paws clenched into fists at her sides. This Pikachu was taller than Lute expected, but dressed almost exactly like Infia was right now: a short shirt and a frilly tutu that shimmered with pinks, purples, and glitter. Cute bows adorned one ear and her chest, while pink slippers covered her feet. If it wasn't for her angry look, something about the real deal's version of this costume felt more provocative to him than cute, although it was both. She was a beautiful Pikachu, definitely the kind that felt 'too good' for him.

"I dunno who you kids are, but please just make this easy for me and get outta here. This just isn't the time or place to mess about and be fans. I'm not signing anything," Pikachu demanded, trying to stand over them. There was a hint of moan to her voice, as if she was in pain or something. Either way, Lute didn't know how to respond. Infia's fangirling was closer to the original than he ever could've imagined.

"Er, sorry. W-we may be 'kids', but we're um," Sophitia mumbled as she revealed her badge.

"Oh gods. Seriously? They said they were getting detectives, please don't tell me it's you guys?" Esther replied. She threw her arms up and groaned, turning her back to them. "First Fluffy Cheeks gets arrested for some shit he couldn't possibly do, now you're telling me I gotta rely on some snotty little fangirls? This day just can't get any worse!"

"Hey, I'm a boy!" Lute cried.

"Yeah. Next thing you're gonna tell me, you're Phoenix Wright. I don't care what you did, just, go home. In fact, gimme those badges. You obviously stole them," Esther held a paw forward. "I don't have time to mess about. Just do this, please?"

"Whoa whoa okay now, hold on. I wanted to be nice, but I ain't gonna be spoken to like a delinquent," Sophitia replied. "We know about the murders and stuff. We're your investigators, like it or not. Silver's orders."

Esther stepped back and scanned them. "Ohh, right. Now that I look at it, you guys are the ones that found Victoria in that case back in Everend. Wow, I didn't think the agents would take you on. I dunno if they're desperate or what. Whatever. Let's just get this over with."

"... I would start by asking what happened, but to be honest, you really don't seem to be in the mood," Sophitia said slowly.

"Of course I'm not in the mood. I didn't wanna do this damn show in the first place, then all this shit happens. I can't go and sightsee, I've been alone for hours, and I'm so freaking hungry my body feels like it's gonna turn inside-out or something, it actually hurts like hell," Esther rambled and stomped around. She stopped with a grunt to clutch her belly with both paws, and stretched like she was in agony. "In fact, fuck this. I can't stand this anymore. I don't care if they want me to play tonight or what."

The glittery Pikachu stomped off into one of the rooms with a gold star on it. She booted the door open so hard the door hit the back wall. Lute and Sophitia watched her, their mouths on the floor.

"Is... that really... Esther?" Infia said quietly.

"They said they locked everyone out, so yeah. It has to be," Sophitia said just as blankly.