Discovered

It's been quite a while ever since I found out the name of the giant that owned this house. I've been living like a mouse, which meant I live inside his walls and only come out whenever he's away to snatch a few bites here and there. I have to get what I need to survive. Going back to the giant, his name is Reece Bibby. He's quite the cutie. I've watched him sing before from afar, and his voice is angelic.

     There were moments where I wished he knew that I existed so we could become friends. I always feared that my thoughts on him would be wrong though. Maybe what I was seeing wasn't what seemed to be. He could seem like a complete sweetheart, but when I actually meet him, he's going to crush me without hesitation. Tonight was the night I wanted to try something that I've never done before in my entire tiny life.

     It was a huge risk, but being this small, pretty much everything was a huge risk. It was currently nighttime, and here I was, climbing his bed post. Fortunately I've done a ton of climbing so this seemed like nothing. It took a while until I finally made it to the top of his soft bed. I took a few jumps, just to take in the fact that I was actually on the same bed as the giant, and still alive! I look over at Reece who was sound asleep. He was even cuter when he was sleeping.

     I already knew that the spot I was at was too close, but I needed to get closer. I wanted to see what he looked like up close. Step by step I walk up closer to him but stop in my tracks. I bite my lip. Maybe I shouldn't be getting this close because I could get rolled over on any second. I take my own advice and start heading back over to the edge of the bed. To think I was safe would be an understatement because next thing I saw was a shadow hovering above me. I freeze and turn to look up, only to see Reece's gigantic hand moving right toward me.

     I squeak in fear and curl into a ball as his hand came down over me. My eyes closed and my heart racing, I realize that I wasn't dead. He didn't squash me. I was enveloped with darkness, but Reece's breathing was still audible. I uncover myself and look up, only seeing the little cracks from his fingers. I honestly didn't realize how tiny I was until his hand was over me. My entire body compared to his hand was a major size difference.

     I obviously didn't want to be stuck underneath his hand all night so I start to hit the palm of his hand. Hopefully it was hard enough for him to feel it. My questions got answered as I could feel Reece's movement on the bed. His hand got lifted right off of me and the darkness disappeared. I scramble up to my feet but before I could make a run for it, a booming scream from Reece echoed through the air. The next thing I knew, I was flying through the air from Reece tugging the blanket.

     I scream as I flew through the air, fortunate enough to land on something soft on the ground. My body shaking, I lift myself up and saw that I landed in one of his slippers. The ground shook violently as Reece's bare feet landed on the floor beside me. I look up to see his figure towering over me.

"Please! Don't hurt me!"

     He was too tall for me to depict his facial expression, but instead of raising his foot above me, he lowered down. He leaned in to get a closer look at me. All the negative thoughts were still flooding my mind. Reece's huge fingers pinched the back of my shirt and lifted me into the air. He plopped me into his other hand and rose me up to his eyes. I never noticed how beautiful his eyes were.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to do that, you just startled me! Are you okay?!" reece asked worriedly. "I really hope I didn't injure you."

     Immediately I recognized his British accent. That made him seem even cuter. Reece gently placed me back on his bed. He took a step back, placed his hands on his knees and took a good look at me. His eyebrows were furrowed in worry.

"Where did you come from? You're absolutely tiny!"

      I answer to his question with the same long explanation I had to give to all giants that have asked me. Reece continued talking with me, expressing his sorrow for sending me through the air.

"It's okay, don't worry about it really," I said with a shrug. "if it wasn't for me being there in the first place, that wouldn't have happened."

"Oh yeah, um, why were you on my bed?"

I blush. "I uh, oh uh, I just—"

     Reece chuckled from my flustered reply and called me cute, which made me blush even harder. Reece scooped me up and brought me up to his shoulder. I sit on his shoulder and stare at everything in awe. Everything looked so different from above.

"Well, now that I discovered you, may I call you mine?"

I smiled. "Of course I would love to be yours!"

"We're going to become good friends, I can already tell," reece nodded. "by the way, your name?"

"Alyssa."

"Adorable. My name is Reece."

     I grab on tight as Reece starts walking to his kitchen, where he told me he would get me some food and water. I could already tell this relationship was going to last for quite a while. Reece is gentle, and that's the most attractive thing about him. He doesn't want to hurt me, and I don't want to hurt him.