He's my person.

"Why not?" My father asked.

"Just wasn't hungry earlier." I shrugged, trying to brush the actual reason under the rug. Once the food was finished I piled it into two plates and brought them both to the table, sitting in the chair right next to him. He immediately began scarfing the food down, acting like it's been ages since he's eaten. With his hours, it might have been true.

"How are you?" He asked me, I shrugged again and continued eating my food.

"I'm okay. How are you?"

"No. How are you actually?" His tone was serious within the question, I glanced at his bright blue eyes with a questioning look. "I told you when I had the time I was going to ask you how school went." He sat his fork down and began rubbing his hands together while watching me carefully.

"I saw that you were Cedric Diggory's date for The Yule Ball," His gaze softened, "So you must have known the boy very well. How are you?" His question left me feeling like the air had been sucked out the room, for the millionth time within the past two days. I gulped down my mouthful of food and stared at my plate.

"Oh. Um, I'm not sure." I inhaled sharply, avoiding any possible eye contact.

"How long were you seeing him?" He asked. I glanced at him quickly.

"I actually wasn't seeing him. When he asked me to be his date I think it was a spur of the moment type thing." I bit my lip slowly nodding, my father kept his hard gaze on me.

"You made it into The Daily Prophet three times, the second time you were holding Harry Potter's hands." His words were soft. This was when all of the air was sucked out of the room. I felt like the walls might have been caving in.

"We're in the same house. It was hard to avoid him," I tried to sit up with better posture, with assurance in my voice for the next coming words, "Just friends." I smiled. My dads eyes were removed from mine, and to the dish in front of him. He then tilted his head with raised eyebrows at me.

"I know I told you to stay away from him, but it was only to insure your safety. You do understand that being around him can be dangerous, right Lucy?" He questioned me, I nodded frantically and grabbed my plate.

"I know." I sat up slowly and went to the garbage can, scraping the rest of my food into it, "I'm really tired, and kind of full now. I'm going to go to bed. Goodnight." I dropped the plate into the sink and began walking through the arch into the hallway. I already knew where this conversation was going, and I'm having the feeling my father already knows Harry is much more than friend. That frightens me the most. I couldn't tell if it was the fact I deliberately disobeyed him or if it was the fact he might now know I'm seeing someone, and that someone being Harry.

"Lucy, come back here please." I heard his voice echo through the arch, I stopped as my hand was on the railing and sighed.

"Okay." I walked back into the room and stood under the arch. He turned around from his seat and gave me a small smile.

"Who's sweatshirt is that?" His gaze went to the grey sweatshirt I hadn't taken off yet, I was lounging around in it all day with a pair of pajama pants. I folded my arms and glanced down at it.

"A friends." He knows, I know he knows. I can feel it.

"Is this friend the same friend we were just talking about?" His smile was still small, why is he smiling? I dropped my arms to my sides and stared above at the ceiling lights.

"Okay. Yes. It's the same friend." I exasperated. A weight on my chest had finally been lifted, the cat is out of the bag now. Father and I don't usually don't talk about our deeply personal lives, but this was something I knew he would find out about, and even with my odd relationship with my father, I have never lied to him.