Chapter 32.

The amount of attention I received from the students was overwhelming. When someone asked me if I "was okay?" or "how are you feeling?" I've learned the best response was "I'm fine" and to smile and walk away. I didn't know half of the people that approached me, but the whole school seemed to know me. Which I don't like.

I made my way into Snape's class as Harry followed behind me, I sat in my chair as he placed my books in front of me and leaned on the table.

"Someone's popular." He said watching a blonde haired student in our class that was walking by staring at me, I let out a huff and shrugged.

"It is what it is. I might be more popular than you." I teased, he cringed and looked back at me.

"I'm not popular. Just well known." He defended, I smiled and studied his face as the darkness of Snape's class fell over us. His black hair covering his eyes and falling over his glasses a little bit, I pushed his hair out of his face.

"You need a hair cut." I said running my fingers down his cheek to his jowls that had grown more defined over the past few months since I met him back in August. I smiled wildly at him as he watched my face.

"What?" He asked with a small smile, I pulled my hand away as my arm began a small stinging pain on my breast from my ribs. It's been two days since I left the infirmary.

"It's almost March. We've known each other for almost 8 months now." I said surprised, he was about to speak until a familiar blonde haired Slytherin boy placed himself next to me. Malfoy's normal cologne filled my nostrils as he made a swift movement to the seat. He glanced at Harry from the corner of his eye then to mine.

"Welcome back... partner." He said lowly while pulling his belongings out and returning his gaze to the table in front of us. Harry's jaw clenched as he watched Malfoy's attitude fill the air, I rolled my eyes and looked at Harry.

Back to the usual.

"I'll see you after class." I said giving Harry a reassuring smile, he raised his brow glancing back at Malfoy before quietly scoffing and going to his table. Malfoy chuckles next to me and rubs his chin while watching Harry slide into his seat, Ron seemed to be glaring at my partner with the same look as Harry's.

"So you're gone for a week and a half and expect to still be my partner?" He asked turning his towards me, I raised my brow at him and reached for the textbook in front of me.

"I'm not expecting anything. If you want a new partner then ask Professor Snape for a new partner." I said with a hint of disbelief. Does he know where I've been? Does he even know what happened to me? Of course he does, he has to.

The whole school knows.

"I already have and I still seem to be stuck with you." He frowned and flipped open his notebook. I stared at him quietly as I didn't understand who raised him. He's literal hell.

"Then let's make the best of it. Alright?" I said rhetorically, I don't want an answer from him. Any response that comes from him ever is negative. And today, I can't handle his Malfoy mood swings. He listened to my words and clearly heard my annoyance, a smile appeared on his face as he took joy in it, which unfortunately I knew he would.

Snape didn't say anything to me about my return, he knew where I was. I wasn't expecting him to say anything, though. With all the attention to begin with it isn't what I needed anyway. Malfoy and I experimented with the potions as we didn't have a specific thing to brew today, and I didn't make a dungbomb in the cauldron. I checked my watch the for the third time the whole class period, just a few more minutes.

Potions wasn't my favorite class. Charms probably was.

As he finished stirring the pot I stood up ready to grab the cauldron and go dump it out, I winced quietly as I raised my arms to the handles, he held a hand up stopping my actions. I watched him carefully as he grabbed the cauldron and did it himself, that's odd. Once he returned I was still studying him and his weird turn of behavior, he frowned at me.

"It wasn't that big of a deal." He said tossing his books together and throwing his quill into his bag, I stifled a laugh and covered my mouth.

"You so just did something nice. I've never seen that." I said mockingly as I put my belongings on a pile. He rolled his eyes and tossed his bag over his shoulder.

"Well it's not happening again." He said nodding, I began laughing as he walked past me and around the table.

"How did that act of kindness feel, Malfoy?" I asked leaning back against the desk to watch him leave as I was holding a grin. He looked at me over his shoulder and rolled his eyes turning back towards the door and walking through it. I turned around still laughing as Harry grabbed my books while Ron and Hermione watched the scene.

"I remember punching him... it was nice." Hermione said while leaning on one hip, I shook my head giggling and glanced at Harry who had a straight face. I grabbed his hand and pulled him out of the doorway with me, he watched Malfoy walk at the end of the hall and turn the corner.

"You're not... jealous are you?" I teased Harry and he quickly looked at me with a smirk.

"Of Malfoy? You've got to be joking." He said laughing, I winked at him playfully. He removed his hand from mine and grabbed my behind, squeezing it. "I have nothing to be jealous of. You're mine, not anyone else's." He grinned and pushed the door open to our next class.