Prologue

(Picture of Honeyflower and Fireclaw)

"Fireclaw! " A yowl came from the nursery of Leafclan. Honeyflower, a young queen, was calling for her mate.

The ginger tom, Fireclaw, ran towards the nursery. His eyes were wide and he was desperate to help Honeyflower.

"Honeyflower! What's wrong? " He asked between pants. Honeyflower was yowling in pain. "The kits! Get Silverheart! " She growled out.

Fireclaw managed to nod and ran out. He leaped into the Medicine Cat 's den and nearly tackled the silver medicine cat. Silverheart jumped back, "What is it Fireclaw? "

Fireclaw panted and growled out, "Honey.... flower...... kits......" Silverheart seemed to understand and nodded, "Go get some wet moss, I'll get my supplies."

Fireclaw nodded rigorously and ran as fast as he could out of camp to get the moss for his mate.

Silverheart sighed and brought her supplies to the Nursery.

Honeyflower was in her nest, yowling. The other queen, a young she cat called Mistfur who had three kits of her own already, was attempting to calm the golden queen down.

"Help me! "She snarled out. Silverheart looked at Mistfur and said, "Mistfur, help me with this." The blue she cat nodded and ushered her own kits, Icekit, and Rainkit, outside the nursery. The duo were complaining.

Mistfur shushed them and rushed them into the Apprentice's Den.

She came back into the nursery and sat next to Honeyflower..

"You'll be fine. Your kits will be fine. Silverheart is a great Medicine Cat, she'll help you." Mistfur comforted as Silverheart prepared for the kits.

Honeyflower dug her claws into the ground, "It hurts! " She snarled, her eyes were wide and full of pain.

"The kits are coming, Mistfur get ready." Silverheart says calmly, she prepared for the first kit.

Honeyflower yowled out in pain as the first kit, a large golden tom, came. Silverheart licked it and layed it at Honeyflower 's belly. The second kit, a ginger tom, came shortly after and Mistfur licked the kit and layed it a Honeyflower's belly.

Honeyflower yelled out in pain as a third kit came, a golden tabby and white tom. Mistfur licked the tom and layer it at Honeyflower's belly.

"One more I think." Silverheart stated. Mistfur nodded and licked Honeyflower between her ears, comforting the distretressed queen.

Honeyflower yowled out as the final kit came, a small ginger tom with a white tail tip. Mistfur licked him and layed him beside his littermates.

"There, four toms, congratulation Honeyflower." Silverheart watched as the she cat watched her kits nurse.

Fireclaw then came in with moss. He dropped the moss when he saw the kits. Silverheart chuckled and nudged Mistfur, who followed her out.

Fireclaw purred to his mate. She looked relieved. Fireclaw looked at the four tom kits who were suckling.

Honeyflower spoke up, "What should we name them? " Fireclaw thought for a second.

He looked at the oldest, the large golden tom. "He should be called Lionkit. He will be so strong." Honeyflower nodded, "Lionkit."

Honeyflower looked at the second oldest, a ginger tom, "Bravekit." Fireclaw stated. Honeyflower looked up at him. She smiled at the name. "He will live up to that name."

The third kit, a golden tabby and white tom, "Sunkit, it suits him. I know he will brighten anyone's day." Honeyflower said softly to her mate.

Fireclaw smiled and looked at the last kit, a small ginger tom with a white tipped tail. "What should his name be? "He asked.

Honeyflower became quiet and then spoke. "This little one, he shall be named Foxkit. Small, but clever. "