CHAPTER THREE

I hold onto my brother's arm as we queue up to get into the venue. I keep my head down as I've already recognised quite a few people and don't want to be confronted yet.

"Owen Watson, plus one, "he says to the doorman who unclips the rope in front of us to let us in.

"Plus one," I scoff, "Why wasn't my name on there?"

"You weren't invited," he says simply, walking forwards. Oh, shit, is this invite only? Am I crashing a party?

We walk indoors and I almost instantly get the nervous, sick feeling in my stomach again. I go to talk to Owen, but I notice he's already walked off with some other boys, leaving me stranded in the entrance.

Not knowing what to do, I walk straight over to the drinks table, trying to get my hands on something alcoholic.

I shuffle through random bottles of things before I feel someone standing next to me, closer than I'd like them to be.

"Champagne, m'y lady?" they ask and I instantly freeze. I squeeze my eyes shut, before glaring up at the boy next to me. Chuck Bass.

"I heard you were back," he states, handing me a glass of champagne which he's just poured from the bottle.

"Are you pouring it straight from the bottle so I believe that you haven't gone to great effort to spike it?" I ask, smirking at him.

"Ah, still a bitch, Quinn? I wouldn't have guessed," he says sarcastically.

"Yeh, well, you don't know me anymore," I retort, narrowing my eyes at him.

"Oh, but don't I?" He asks and I slant my head at him. He has no clue.

"No, I'm sure you don't," I reply, chugging the champagne in my hand. He goes to walk away before pressing his mouth next to my ear.

"Bye, baby," he whispers, emphasising his last word before walking away. I blink a few times, before realising what he'd just said. Does Chuck know? How does Chuck know? Who has he told, if so?

I try to follow after him but I find myself lost in the middle of a group of people. After scurrying through them, I turn the corner to see he's nowhere. Sneaky son of a bitch.

"Fuck," I mutter, knowing that Chuck could tell anyone in the next thirty seconds for all I know. I cover my face with my hands, silently freaking out in case people find out.

"Um... Are you okay?"

I turn to my left to see a boy who I don't recognise looking really concerned.

I smile, then say, "Yeh, I'm totally fucking fine."

He takes a literal step back and I panic, realising that that came off really badly, "Sorry, I don't even know your name."

"Dan, Dan Humphrey, and you are?" He holds out his hand for me to shake.

"Quinn Watson," I say and his face suddenly changes and he looks curious.

"The infamous Quinn Watson," he chuckles, "People haven't stopped talking about you since you left."

"That's lovely to hear," I say sarcastically, then I notice he scoffs, "What? Am I not allowed to be annoyed at people talking about me?"

"No, no, no, I wasn't getting annoyed at you, the girl I'm kind of dating is dancing with another boy," he sighs, motioning his hand towards the dance floor.

I grab his hand, "Let's go dance then."

I lead him to the dance floor, with my head down still and I let him lead. The music's fast but I lean in to him so I'm less familiar to other people.