CHAPTER THIRTEEN

"Oh my god, have you seen this?" Owen blurts out, shoving his phone into my face as we walk to school.

I stop on the sidewalk and my eyes focus in on the image. I roll my eyes as I see who it is, it's Serena holding a pregnancy test.

"Serena's not pregnant," I say, recalling my last conversation with her as we were both worried about Blair missing a period.

"Oh, shit. Why's she buying a pregnancy test then?" Owen questions.

"It's for me," I joke and laugh as he looks at me with extremely wide eyes.

"I'm joking, I don't know who it's for," I lie to him because he doesn't need to know that it's for Blair. Thankfully I see Serena walking out of the gates as we get there, I call to her, "Hey!"

"Hey, you wanna walk with me to the Met?" she says and I can hear the stress in her voice.

"Of course," I answer before waving to my brother as he walks into the gates.

"Did your brother wonder if I was pregnant too?" Serena sighs, brushing her curly blonde hair behind her neck.

"Yes he did," I laugh, "but I told him you're not. How did Dan take it?"

"He was kinda relieved and apparently his dad will be relieved too," she adds and I give her a glance of surprise.

I gasp, "What? He already told his Dad? At least he was prepared to be a father, already."

Serena opens her mouth to say something but decides not to say it. I bet it's about Nate. I think she was about to say it's better for the baby to have a dad, or something similar.

"So how do we persuade Blair to take the test?" I ask, changing the subject.

Serena groans, "I have no idea."

By the time we get to the Met, Jenny is walking down the steps looking miserable. Serena acknowledges her but Jenny blanks her and walks past. I raise my eyebrows but look towards the girls who stare at Serena.

"Hey," Serena and I both greet them. They watch Serena carefully as they await her to say something given the Gossip Girl blast this morning.

"I'm not pregnant," Serena flatly announces and the girls all reply with boring comments.

I turn to Blair, "Hey, can Serena and I talk to you for a moment?"

"Of course," Blair replies sweetly and follows us down the steps.

"You get my text?" Serena asks her.

"Of course, I did, but I—"

Serena interrupts her, "So then you know that I told Dan I'm not pregnant?"

"Yes," she replies, "and I'm so happy for you. Close call, huh?"

I roll my eyes, "Seriously Blair?"

"Are we really gonna play that old game, B?"

"I really have no idea what you're talking about," Blair replies with a defiant look on her face.

Serena explains with no hesitation, "When something isn't a part of your plan m, you pretend it doesn't exist. You act like you're in this movie about your perfect life, then I have to remind you that the only one watching is you."

"Blair," I cut in, "Can you admit your period is late to us?"

"Yes, I've been stressed," Blair reasons with us, "I had that chem test on Friday."

"And you're acting like a total bitch because you're not hormonal?" Serena adds, crossing her arms at Blair.

Blair argues, "Maybe I am a total bitch, did you ever think about that?"