The Dance Pt. 2

Namjoon felt like he was floating

Namjoon felt like he was floating. He looked down at her hand in his and couldn't keep the smile off his face. He knew she wasn't truly his - because no one can ever really claim a girl like her - but she was choosing him, even if it was only for this moment. And Namjoon was just happy. He didn't realize how much he had really missed her until now and that constant ache in his chest was gone, a soft lightness in it's place.

"Joonie," she said softly as they reached the great hall. Namjoon felt a new wave of relief crash into him to hear that name again.

"Yes?" He replied dreamily, looking down at her.

"I think I should dance with Jungkookie. Do you mind?" She asked, looking nervous to even ask. But Namjoon didn't want that, didn't want her to have to worry about what he would say every time she wanted to spend time with her friends. That was toxic, that was how they had ended up in that mess to begin with.

"No - no of course not," he said, rubbing his thumb over the back of her hand. "Do whatever you like, I'll be right here." He meant it all in every sense and she smiled thankfully and gave his hand a little squeeze before releasing it and going over to where Jimin and Jungkook stood against the wall. As she and Jungkook walked out onto the dance floor Taehyung approached Namjoon looking like he was having a good time.

"Hey! How did it go? You look like...happy," Taehyung said, looking him over.

"I am like happy," Namjoon replied with a smile.

"I'm in love with her."

You put your hand in Jungkook's, letting your other one rest on his solid shoulder as his hand wrapped around your waist

You put your hand in Jungkook's, letting your other one rest on his solid shoulder as his hand wrapped around your waist. His big eyes looked at you seriously as he tugged you close enough that you could speak together softly and not be overheard.

"You knew didn't you?" You asked.

"I knew they were planning something but I wasn't told what," he replied, his eyes still assessing you. Jungkook was a lazy student and he sometimes had trouble focusing, but no one would ever say he wasn't smart, and he was particularly emotionally intelligent. Not to mention the fact that he knew absolutely everything about you - you knew he could tell exactly how you were feeling.