The Man With A Secret [HIATUS]

Prologue:

5 Years ago-

"Mummy..... Mummy.....!" I said grabbing her arm to get her attention. I was about half her height. She looked down and smiled at me.

"Yes Jamie?" She said softly as we walked past the shops near where we lived.

"Why is that man being given evil looks by peoples? " I asked her innocently. She looked up and when she saw that man I was talking about, her face darkened with anger.

"Don't worry Jamie. When your older..... Maybe then you'll understand why....." She looked down at me her face softening.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Present-

I woke up quickly and went for a shower letting the warm water cascade over my body, feeling the warmth invade my body. As I stood there, I remembered the stories my mum had told me about my father. That he was a wonderful man, who loved her, who went and got himself killed by trying to look after his grandfather. Sometimes I wish she would tell me the truth. Whenever she tells me these stories the light never enters her eyes. She lies to me about my own father. I quickly shake myself out of my reverie and turn off the shower, stepping out and drying myself off, getting changed into a Three-Days Grace t-shirt and a pair of black jeans. As I wandered out my room I bumped into my younger brother Maxx. Unlike me he had brown hair and green eyes. And that was because he was adopted.  But he was still like my real brother and I had known him since he was seven. He's now twelve if your wondering. I gave him a hug and watched him wriggle out of my grasp and try to run down the stairs. However he tripped and fell almost down to the bottom. Luckily he was good at gymnastics and so did a flip off the stairs and landed, with a little bow, perfectly. I raised an eyebrow and clapped slowly.

"What?" He said a bit irritated, his voice sounding very soft as was usual.  I said nothing as I jumped down the stairs (What? I can do that! I usually do stuff like that anyway!).

"Show-off...." Maxx muttered. I laughed slightly and ruffled his hair and he grumbled at me. Then I heard mum's voice calling us from the kitchen and I put Maxx over my shoulder and he groaned at me and tried to beat my back up. I chuckled and took him into the kitchen, where I placed him on the floor and ruffled his hair again and he smacked my hand away, stuck his tongue out at me and walked over to mum. I laughed and looked at mum who looked slightly tired out.

"Foods on the table, I need to go and do some.... Stuff upstairs." She said her eyes looking shifty.

"Mum. Go to sleep. I can cook and clean for you, you know. I am old enough to do that. You need to stop worrying so much" I said to her and she stared at me slightly angry.

"Go." I said with a tone of finality. She walked past me sulking. I just stared at her and raised an eyebrow. Oh how she could act like a child. I sighed and sat down to the plate of bacon, eggs and bread which she had oh so kindly made. (Note to self: Thank her later). I ate quite quickly, put my dishes in the sink and walked out the house. I was about to walk over to the park when i remembered I had school and my bag was already there (Damn best friend being there already and taking it). I walked slowly towards the school, Jenson Heights, not watching where I was going when I bumped into someone who was carrying a large pile of books.

"Whoops sorry!" I said hurriedly picking the books that were scattered on the floor. I grabbed them together, stood up and handed them to the man.

"Thank you..." He said his voice sounding quite relieved as though he wasn't used to people helping him. I looked up at his face and gasped.

"It's you!!"