Taking up some of the empty space on the shelves odd shaped glass wear.

Moving on there was a small hall that divided into two rooms. The walls of the cottage where decorated with interesting looking symbols, one resembled a cross but had a loop at the top instead of a arm. It was in gold. Quite a few where placed around. There was one that was a eye with a lapis middle that hung over the door.

Weird.

Especially the bottle one.

There where some musical instruments in the corner, some other things, what looked like a bible rested on a table up against the wall, a cross hung over it so that had to be it. The windows lined with blue short drapes, he managed to see it was now night.

"How long was I out," he spoke to himself.

"A few hours," the girl answered, coming back, handed the bowl back.

He took it. She also handed him a cup of something sweet to drink. There was more meat this time in the stew.

"Yeah, I like a lot of meat," she said simply taking a seat on the floor, right to him on the sofa he laid. "It's like I'm sucking out all it's juices." She giggled, putting a spoonful in her mouth.

A weird thing to say, but the boy paid no mind.

"So why where you on the side of the road?" She asked. Eating another spoonful.

His second delayed response prompt her to keep talking.

"You're quite young to be on your own. Did you get into a fight? I ask because of the weapons you had. That short sword, whip and daggers. You know violence's the good. It doesn't solve anything. Well, for the most part. My father taught me to be calm. We pray all the time, he's really at that did I say that already?"

"Yes, you did," he said flatly.

An embarrassed smile spread itself on her. "Oh, forgive me. You're more than welcome to stay here if you'd like. Father said it was alright. Also winter is coming soon so-"

She talked quite a lot, as if he and her had been old friends. He slowly began tuning her out when he had a question.

"Where is your father?" He asked.

She stopped and give it a thought. "He went out for a bit, he'll be back soon. Anyway," she started up again.

Before she could say another, to the boy's relief, the front door opened, a cold air swept in quickly. Taking some warmth with it, a man stepped in, shut the door quickly.

He was robustly build. Even in the large coat he wore. A bit rugged looking for a man his age. Which seem to be early 50's or so by the crow feet on his blue eyes. And the slight grey that crept on his woolly black bread and black straight hair that was a bit messy.

He locked the door behind him before turning around, shivered off the cold, took notice of the boy. Their eyes meet, there was glimmer of familiarity the boy saw in the man's eyes for a moment as he braced himself for the man's reaction. The rather brooding look the man gave was strong. Even when he walked over his steps where heavy.

This man was tall, nearly towering over The boy, who did his best to remain unnerved. Stared hard back at the man, who lifted a hand, rather large, hovered it over the boy, and dropped it kindly on crown of his head.

Patting him. Heartily, with a smile.

"Oh blessed be you are well my boy," he said in rough yet joyous tone, the wasn't expecting him to have.

It left him stunned for a moment. That broke when the girl sprung to her feet like rabbit.

"Father!" She burst, throwing her arms around the man. "Welcome home!"

The man's eyes soften on her, there was wanting sparkle in his eyes.

A deep throat laugh rose from the man. "I apologize if I worried you, my flower."

She smiled. "Not all, father, I know the words you speak keep you from any danger. Oh," she turned back to the boy, " he awoke about an hour ago. He doesn't talk much really."

"You kept talking," the boy scowled. "So I couldn't get a word in."

Laughter erupted from the man. "That's true. My flower can be that way, I'm glad you're well and belly is full. I was quite surprised when I found a Belmont on the side the road."

The boy was shocked and instantly narrowed his eyes causally at the man.

"How do you know my family name?" He demanded.

Before answering the man took off his coat and hung it. Went to the hearth and filled his bowl with stew.

"I saw your family crest," he said matter of fact facing the boy, "it surprised me really. I'm glad I found you, I can't imagine what would happen some else did. Oh, I didn't introduce myself, I'm John Bishop."

"I'm May Aurora Bishop!" May exclaimed. Throwing her arms to the ceiling, hopped back over to the boy. Leaned inward, her nose nearly touching his.

The boy instantly jerked his head back. Red dusted on across his cheeks.

"Do you have to be so close?" He snide. Covering the lower half of his face with his hand.

May moved back laughing a little. "You're quite grumpy like a toad. You even look like one when you make that face. I'll call you Toadface."

The boy narrowed his eyes at her. Wanting to say something, but didn't. He could see how these two where related, even if the man had fair skin.

"Whatever," the boy sighed. Lowering his hand. "God, you're a pest."

"Aw, well that isn't a nice thing to say," May pouted playfully. "So, what's your name?"

He couldn't lie now. "Trevor, Trevor Belmont."

"Well, Trevor," John came over, extending a hand, smiling. "Welcome to our family