Part 4 - Broken

(Sunny)

She woke up immediately after Starflight left her dream. Her feelings were confused. She didn't know what to think. Part of her wished she didn't said those words to him even if it was the truth, was it? Now that he confessed to her she knew why was he acting strange sometimes.

I have to speak with someone! Glory maybe can help me! She wasn't sure if she should wake her up now or wait till the morning. After some thinking she decided that it is important enough not to wait for another few hours.

Sunny slowly walked to the royal hut she remembered that Starflight said he will talk with the Rainwing queen but she wasn't sure he will do it. He must be very sad now. Did I do the wrong thing? Did I hurt him too much? But I just told him the truth. I never loved him in that way did I? Maybe Glory can help me with that too.

When she arrived there were two guards at the door. Sunny was sure they weren't happy not to be able sleep at night but they seemed determined to guard their new queen.

"What are you doing here?" asked one of the guard.

"I need to talk with Glory. It's important!" she answered.

"It's the middle of the night and her Majesty needs her sleep."

"But it's about one of our friend and the kidnapped Raingwings too!" she tried to convince them which seemed successful.

The Rainwing guards let her in and she hurried inside.

"Glory! Wake up! It's important!"

The Rainwing queen opened her eyes and Sunny noticed some of her scales turning red. She knew that meant she's angry but the scales turned back to her normal color after Glory noticed who woke her up.

"What do you want? It's still night." she said not even trying to hide the tiredness in the voice.

"Did Starflight spoke to you?" asked Sunny. Glory's expression changed.

"Of course! He came back from the Nightwings and told me everything then went back, you just missed him." she said sarcastically.

"So he didn't do as he told me..." said Sunny with a sad tone. This made Glory tilt her head in confusion. "He dreamvisited me." she told her and started to explain her the dreamvisitor but the Rainwing stopped her. Glory already knew what is a dreamvisitor.

"What did he told to you?"

"He told me that the Nightwings wants to invade the Rainforest and that they do experiments on Rainwings to try to find protection against the venom and... and..." she started to cry. Flashbacks came about him covered in wounds and bleeding and his face... that face he made after she told him...

She felt Glory putting her wings around her hugging her. Even if most of the time she is sarcastic or mean, she was still her sister and do anything for her no matter what.

"It's okay! What happened to him?" asked Glory as if she could read her mind.

"They tortured him to get information. He said that he didn't told them anything but he also said that he fears that he won't survive the tomorrow. He looked... broken. Especially after..." she suddenly stopped. Sunny still wasn't sure whether to tell Glory about the last thing they spoke about or not since her feelings for him were still confused.

"After what?" asked Glory.

"He told me he loves me. In that way." this visibly surprised the Rainwing queen.

"I knew it!" she said and now it was Sunnys turn to be surprised.

"You knew it?"

"I had a guess... so I was right and he told you."

"Yes... And I told him, I don't love him that way." Glory seemed to expect this outcome because her gaze doesn't changed this time. "And I think this hurted him more than I excepted."

"Well in the morning I'll ask Tsunami if the Rainwings are ready for the action and if they are we will attack." she told her which gave her some relief but not enough. "I promise you that we will get him back."

Sunny started to walk out. She didn't think she can go back to sleep now but Glory needed to rest. "I don't think Starflight ever wants to see me again." She murmured hoping Glory didn't hear that.

"That's not true!" heard the Rainwing queens voice behind her back. "He will be more than happy to see you again." Sunny didn't know why but it made her smile.

(Starflight)

She doesn't love me. I always had that feeling and I was prepared for her answer but then why is it hurt me so much? Well at least I told her though it didn't help. I'm completely alone now. I have to visit Glory but I just can't. I need a clear thought of her but my mind don't want to cooperate. I need sleep. They will kill me tomorrow or worse. I don't want to die. I don't want more torture. I wish it would end.

Starflight's mind was literally shooting. His thoughts were jumping between Sunny and everything he experienced here. Physical pain was coming back and it's combined with the mental pain made the Nightwing wanting to scream but no sound came out of his mouth.

He completely forgot about visiting Glory too. He told Sunny everything so he hoped she would talk with the others and they will listen to them. He slowly cried himself into sleep.

Starflight didn't slept well. In his dreams he went through over the past few days. Fatespeaker woke him up to take him into the torture room.

"So who is this Sunny you murmuring about in your dreams?" asked the female Nightwing but Starflight ignored her. "Consider the name she is a Sandwing. Probably that other prophecy dragonet." It was hard for Starflight to listen to her. He didn't want ot think about Sunny at all. "Are you in love with her?" Fatespeaker continued to interrogate him. "Of course you are! I can feel it!" Starflight almost wished they'd be at the torture cave now even if he didn't wanted more physical pain, it'd take Sunny out of his mind. "And I guess she doesn't love you." Fatespeaker just land all her guess correctly.

They arrived. "Since it was my idea, I get the pleasure to do this." she said after they chained him to the ground.

Then Fatespeaker brought a stone bowl full of lava. Starflight's heartbeat almost doubled after he saw it and started guessing what will she do with him. He couldn't move and couldn't speak. Tears started running down on his cheeks.

"You are fucking pathetic you know?" heard Fatespeaker's voice. "You had such a great life! You got food, water, a safe space to live! Everything we want and we made this to happen to you! And you don't help us even after you saw how we live here?! Looks like your eyes are malfunctioning so I will just wash them out! Sadly we're lack of water so you'll get lava instead. One eye today and the other tomorrow. And then we will kill you finally!"

She didn't hesitate. She took the bowl and poured the lave from it onto Starflight's left eye.

I'm so sorry for disappearing. I was busy and I will be so I don't know when will the next chapter come but I try to write more often. I really hope you like it even if it's plot is kinda weird I think and my english is horrible but I'm always trying to improve.