Chapter 4: Chill Night

"KAI! Did you tell him to come here?!" I quickly chugged my drink and sat down.

"Yeah. Since you know him thought it would be a cool chill night."

"Well... he's outside the door."

"Shit!" Kai quickly ran to the door and opened it. "Sorry man, I didn't know. I'll do better. This wi-"

"It's fine." Darius laughed. "No worries. This is an anti-business zone. No need to be formal with me. I don't think I ever noticed just how amazingly good looking he was. I guess the proper adjective would be "fine" for this man. The darkness in the limo must have masked his full potential.

"Darius." I said, giving him a subtle greeting.

"Ariana." He said back moving closer to me. My breathing was through the roof and my body was on fire. 

"So, you're the hero! I'm Reina, Ari's best friend." Reina reached her hand out but instead he pulled her in for a hug. Taking both, Reina and myself, completely aback.

"Heard a lot about you from Kai! Great to meet you!" 

"Kai talks about me?" Reina, loving attention and Kai was all ears for this discussion.

"Too much. But, we all know it's out of love. He's a sick case" Darius shoved Kai's arms as they both laughed to each other. Reina handed Darius a drink as we all laughed about Kai's usual clumsy antics.

We all became insanely and hilariously drunk. "Ari... I love you." Reina told me for the 10th time today while hitting my nose. She turned to Kai and confessed her love to him then turned to Darius and did the same. She was the loveable drunk. That one drunk that only wanted to hug and dance with you all night.

Kai got up from the couch and turned on some music. He began to serenade Reina who was more than thrilled by his drunken acts. Darius looked to them and let out a small laugh. He moved his hand to my thigh squeezed it gently. My body was on another level of hot. I needed the coldest of waters right now.

Kai's voice was terrible but he would not stop singing to Rei. He pulled Reina from the couch and began to dance with her. Both of them were too drunk to follow each other's steps but their smiles showed that they didn't care.

"Want to join them?" Darius asked holding his hand out. Like a drunken fool, I grabbed his hand as we joined the couple, dancing off beat drunkingly to the music. He spun me around as I made eye contact with Reina, who is wearing a huge smirk on her face.

"I still don't like you." I told him, hoping to end this awkwardness I feel.

"I wish you did." He looked a bit hurt at my words. Odd. I'll blame the liquor for that as well.

"I mean... Not yet."

"You look like him." He smiled still staring at me. "It's just..."

"Him?!"

"Your dad."

I pushed away from him and felt the weight of everything from my past come back. "Ari?!" Reina ran toward me holding me close to her. "Look at me!" I felt lost again.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?!" She yelled at Darius and began to approach him.

"Reina! NO!" I pulled her back from him. "I was just shocked and the liquor had me feeling a bit emotional."

Darius grabbed my arm, threw his coat around me and took me outside. "I always looked up to him and when I saw you at the restaurant I just knew that you're his daughter."

"Well... he wasn't in my life that long. You should know that since you think to know him so well."

"I was about 10 when he died. My dad and him used to be close but my dad passed when I was 4 so your dad,  Dan, took me under his wing. He is the reason I'm the man I am today."