chapter e l e v e n

Start from the beginning

The beach was just a never ending beach,it was Santa Sol's beach,but this part was always empty.There was no type of civilization here,the street was just a never ending road with trees that lead to this part of town.When I was a boy,the people use to come to this part of town to enjoy the sweet warm water of Santa Sol until a shooting occurred in plain daylight,eventually people got scared,didn't want to come back after so many people were injured and also the lack of sights to see beside the ocean drove everyone away.It was like this part of the beach vanished from everyone's thoughts and memories,except mine.This is the place I lived at when I was thrown out my house,this was the home I slept at before finding a broken home with Lucian.

Phoenix walked up a small boardwalk,that separated us from a parking lot to the beach.I followed close behind her,loving the way her eyes widen with excitement at the never ending empty beach.I walked behind her,watching as she wiggled her toes into the sand,bringing a big smile to her face.I watched as she spun around until she was only three feet away from the tides coming in.She fell back into the sand,not even caring that her golden brown locks were now covered with grains of sand.I sat down next to her,looking down on her and enjoyed the view of her under me.

My fingers reached to touch the red scar that began at her cheek and ended at the top of her neck.It was the scar a man,I wished I had in front of me just so I can kill him for hurting her, caused.Phoenix's mossy greens eyes fluttered closed at the touch of my fingers,my fingers trailed up next to her eyelids meeting another faded bruise,the color of the ocean.I felt my heart picking up it's pace as I pushed away her golden brown locks away from her forehead just to reveal two more faded bruises near the borderline of her hairline.I kissed her bruises,wishing that my kisses were some type of cure,a cure to kiss all these bruises away because I wish I met the real Phoenix.Not the bruised up Phoenix who's arms were colored in purple with blue while she hid smaller bruises the color of oceans on her face.

"You don't deserve to be covered in these colors." I whispered,frowning a bit.My angel,so young,so sweet,with sprinkles of gentleness coating her,yet she was so bitterly beautiful on the outside.She dressed like an innocent angel in those dresses even though I knew the dresses could sometime be a bit to short for an angel to wear,but then again Phoenix wasn't no ordinary angel.She was an angel to a demon,a demon that was emotionless until she showed up with not wings,but bruises. "My angel." I whisper against her cheek.

"You are the best thing that's happened to me Noah Denvers.....b-because I admit that before you came along I was having the worse months of my life a-and this horrible world dosen't deserve someone as great as you,because you are beautiful unlike everything in my life." Phoenix said to me,cupping my cheek as her eyes watered.The fireworks were no longer fireworks,they turned into these extremely large bombs that bursted inside of me.And the knots in my stomach only duplicated and the way everything inside me changed made it hard for the air to reach my lungs because I was...flattered that for once I mattered to the one person who was changing my twenty one years of life within minutes.

Phoenix then began to laugh,throwing her head back and covering her tear filled eyes, "What are you laughing at?" I asked,my voice coming out strangled.I let the music of her laugh sink in,making me feel so alive which was weird,since death always lingered inside of me.

"Close your eyes." Phoenix blurted out,still laughing as she dropped the hand covering her face to still reveal the mossy green eyes that looked like a pond with the way her tears coated her eyes.I didn't question her to why she asked me to close my eyes and instead I did it.A minute passed,I didn't feel Phoenix moving underneath me and I felt her pull me down so my arm rested near her rib cage while my chin stood on my arm.I loved the feeling of being near her,especially when I could feel her heart pumping against her rib cage.