chapter e l e v e n

Noah Denvers.

I impatiently tapped my foot on the ground.I kept looking at the clock on the wall near the entrance of the school office.The lady's in the office all glanced at me,talking about me in hushed whispers when they thought I wasn't paying attention.I was ready to snap at them for their disrespect,but I didn't when the door leading into the hallways of the school opened.

My goddess stood there,looking a bit confused as to why she was called in here until her eyes landed on me,but I was to busy taking her in.She was wearing a long sleeved dress.The dress was the color beige,tight from the top and loose from the bottom where it flowed out until her mid thigh.Those golden brown locks of hers were pulled up into a long ponytail,falling down her back gracefully.I had only last seen her this morning,but the temptation to see her again got stronger as I laid in bed by myself,so I couldn't wait any longer especially knowing what she was wearing.

"Hello Phoenix,your cousin here has signed you out." One of the office ladies,sweetly told my goddess as she walked over to her,grabbing her dismissal pass.Phoenix thanked her,turned around looked at me and mouthed 'cousin?' making me shrug.I had no other excuse to use than say I was her cousin.What mattered was that it worked and that's good enough for me.

I put on my shades,waving at the office ladies and put my arm around Phoenix's shoulders,bringing her closer to me.We walked out the school I use to attend,probably looking like a couple by the way Phoenix's nose was nuzzling into my neck.I smiled,loving the way she leaned into me.My heart was pumping against my bones,my cheeks began to hurt from smiling and my insides were on fire from all these fireworks.Words didn't need to be spoken to know that something changed between us from last night.Yesterday in the shooting range changed something in us,I still didn't have the courage to kiss her,but I grew the courage to allow myself to be happy.Last night I realized that I was going to allow myself to feel,because even though Phoenix makes me feel all these beautiful feelings,a part of me didn't want to feel it,because as stupid as it sounds I didn't like to feel things.But,with her...I'm going to feel it because I can't shake off this happiness I feel when I have her with me.Because I never been so happy just to see her eating a bagel at midnight,while she looks up,licks the cream cheese off her lips and smiles at me.Simple things like seeing her eat,breathe,laugh,smile,tie her hair into a bun,or simply hearing her tell me stories was enough to make me feel.And I liked it.

"In you go my princess." I said,opening the car door for Phoenix,who giggles and thanks me.She gets into the car,buckles her seat belt while I run around the car,hoping in and beginning the journey to who knows where.

"You know the point of letting me go to school today was for me to attend the required six hours,not just an hour and thirty minutes." Phoenix teased,making me smile.I couldn't help it.I was so used to her being home for the past week that I couldn't stand to be without her a second longer.I reached over,grabbed Phoenix's hand and I kissed the top of her hand,loving that the loneliness I felt when I dropped her at school earlier was gone.

I knew where I would take Phoenix once the comfortable silence began.I made many turns,trying to find the perfect spot to take her.Phoenix would asked me here and there,where we were going,but I only gave her a smirk as a response.I then asked her how her one hour and thirty minutes of school was,clearly trying to distract her.She began telling me about her annoying teacher,who gave her a lecture on missing so many days in front of the whole class while I made a mental note to meet this teacher.And when she ran out of things to talk about we finally arrived at our destination.

"The beach." Phoenix said,quickly unbuckling her seat belt to slip off her sandals and dropping them into the backseat of my car.

"A deserted beach baby." I whisper,leaning over to kiss her cheek before getting out the car.Phoenix blushed when I kissed her cheek and I knew she was probably wondering why I was being so affectionate today,but if only if she knew that she awoken something in me last night.When I reached Phoenix's door,she was already opening it to get out making me laugh at her excitement that was present on her face.