This was not good. Not good at all.

Alan's POV

I walked over to the first row and sat down. The boy beside me, Kace, had metallic blue eyes and blonde-brown hair. He was quite skinny. I smiled at him and said, "Hi, I'm Alan. You must be Kace." He replied, "Yup. Nice to meet you." I leaned my head back against the seat and sighed. I really wished Alyssa hadn't persuaded me to join College Francoise Dupont, even though I was grateful that she gave me this chance to escape the suffocating boredom. In the middle of the year too! She could've at least waited until the school year was over. 

Kace glanced at me and said, "Hey. Believe me. I know what it's like to be the new kid. I have to change schools a lot because of my parents' career. You look like you need a friend. How about I be it?"

I nodded my head and smiled. I started homeschooling around last year, the same time my career took off. I knew most of the people here, except Kace. He must've transferred to College Francoise Dupont sometime between last year and this year. Anyway, it was nice of him to talk to a complete stranger like that and offer to be his friend.

I thought back to a few minutes ago, when Ms Bustier was introducing me to the class. Emma has one of the first few people I noticed. For one, she was the only person who wasn't screaming, along with Alyssa of course, but she doesn't count. Another thing is she's the only person that isn't family that I'm kinda close to. I wonder if she still remembers me.

At any rate, after school was going to be very interesting.

Emma's POV

Ring!

Finally! Now time to kill Alyssa.

I glared at Alyssa. She knew I was really really really... actually I didn't know what I was feeling, but I know that it was because Alan showed up. And the reason Alan showed up was Alyssa. She backed up with her hands up. But she couldn't keep the smile off her face. She said, "Now Emma. I know you're mad or something right now. But let me explain." "You better." I muttered. I stalked over to Alyssa and grabbed her shirt, then dragged her out of the classroom.

I dragged her over to the cafeteria and forced her into a chair at one of the tables. I sat down opposite her and folded my arms across my chest. I said, "Well?" Alyssa took a deep breath and said, "Alan was bored all day long. You know how it is sometimes. Mom and Dad thought that he should go to public school, give him something to do in between photoshoots. Plus..." Alyssa smirked at me and continued, "The person who used to have a crush on him is here too. It's a win-win."

I gasped and whispered harshly, "Alyssa! How could you say that? We're in public! You promised me!" Alyssa laughed and replied, "It doesn't matter anyway. I mean, you don't have feelings for him anymore... or do you...?" Alyssa raised her eyebrows suggestively when she said the last bit. I glared at her and said, "Will you just shut up? That was years ago. I don't have a crush on him anymore. Not since he left." Alyssa rolled her eyes at me and replied, "Girl, it was a year ago. He only signed up with the agency last April."

I sighed and said, "Fine, whatever. It doesn't matter when I had a crush on him. It's all in the past now. Don't get any ideas in that head of yours." Alyssa just smiled and I could practically hear her response even though she didn't say anything. It was written all over her face.

Just you wait, Emma. Just you wait.

After school

Alyssa stood up and said, "Bye, girl. I gotta go home now. Mom's waiting. See you at school tomorrow." She leaned towards me and whispered with a smirk, "Try not to fall for my brother, ok?" I gasped and glared at Alyssa, but she ignored me and dashed out of the classroom. I groaned and continued to pack my bag. Alyssa was just too much sometimes. There was no way I could fall back in love with Alan... right?