thirteen

"you don't look to bad yourself." she said walking over to him.

she wrapped her arms around his waist and stood on her tippy toes to reach his lips but colby still had to lean down.

colby hadn't felt this way in a while for a girl.

he felt like he was... in love?

colby smiled at her as she walked out of the room and to the bathroom to freshen up.

colby was happy.

sam on the other hand was not.

he felt like emily had ripped out his heart.

pulled it right out of his chest.

but of course, with the help of colby.

see? you're worthless sam

nothing but a crazy sad boy that hears voices

the voices laughed at sam.

sam remembered the time he promised colby he wouldn't hurt himself again.

but he also remembered the time colby promised him that he'd love sam forever.

promises are meant to be broken.

sam pulled out a box from under his bed.

it contained his razor blades, and things that made him sad.

sam made his way to his door, locking it before sitting on his bed with a razor blade in his hand.

this time sam was ready to take it all.

he was giving up.

he decided to take his life for good.

colby laid with emily, holding her close to him.

she laid her head on his chest.

both of them were unaware of how they made sam feel.

they were too caught up in themselves to even notice sam was hurting this badly.

"hey emily?" colby asked nervously.

"yeah? what's wrong?" she asked sitting up looking at colby worriedly.

"i just wanted to know- well you- you make me happy and i wanted to know if you'd maybe be my girlfriend." colby had never been this nervous asking out a girl.

there was just something about her that got his heart beating out of his chest.

she caused butterflies in his stomach and put a smile on his face 24/7. she was drop dead gorgeous and colby felt so in love.

she smiled him and didn't say anything.

she thought it was cute how nervous he was.

colby was waiting for the answer before it finally slipped out of her mouth, "yes colby. i'd love to be your girlfriend."

colby let out a breath that he was holding in before saying the words, "thank god"

she kissed him passionately.

"we can tell the roommates a different time. they don't know you very well yet. but they're gonna love you."

emily smiled, "speaking of the roommates, we should go downtown and hang out with them."

colby nodded and they both got up. they walked downstairs together.

they went in the living room where the rest of the roommates were, except sam.

"hey guys." colby said.

they all greeted colby and emily before they sat down and watched them play video games.

"mine and emily's turn." colby said grabbing the controllers.

"what's sam doing?" jake asked.

"i don't know, call him down." colby shrugged focused on the video game.

"SAM!!" jake yelled and got no response.

"probably sleeping." aaron said and went back to his phone.

published 11/17/19