Chapter 3

After the time Senku had found Taiju's statue, it had been about an extra 6 months that had passed. And throughout the whole time, Senku was struggling on what was the key ingredient to creating the revival fluid. As Senku was away from his base gathering wood, he heard a series of pants as well as the sound of grass being crushed from underneath someone's feet. He looks out to his right, seeing a familiar figure running in the distance. Senku wouldn't admit it to anyone else but his excitement started to fill up his stomach as he went towards that direction to meet up with the gigantic oaf. And just like how he predicted, he looks down from where he stood as a smirk etched his lips from the look of his childhood friend standing before him.

"You finally woke up, you big oaf."

Taiju couldn't hold in his emotions as he lunges forward, spreading his arms out wide to give Senku a tight hug. However, Senku's eyes nearly bulged out of his eye sockets as he pushed him away, Taiju pouting for not having his love accepted.

"YOU IDIOT, DON'T HUG ME WHEN YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY BUTT NAKED!!"

Before Taiju could complain to Senku, the boy genius had turned around to have his back facing his childhood friend and catching his attention. Taiju looked at him before stopping himself from speaking, waiting for Senku to start.

"Did you..happen to find [ f/n ] on the way here..?"

Taiju's shoulders slump just the slightest as he looks away, fiddling with his hands as he shakes his head towards his question. "I couldn't find her, no. I'm sorry, Senku."

Senku rubs the back of his neck, letting out a deep exhale before looking straight ahead. He looks back at Taiju before he sends him a smirk and pointing towards the direction of his made base.

"Alright Taiju, let's head back home so then you can finally get to work."

Taiju was soon assigned to do the hard labor amongst the both of them, helping with hunting and even fetching more materials in case they run out. As for Senku, he kept at it with finding out the main key ingredient of this revival fluid that will help revive everyone who became stone. And after all the hard work of filtering the grapes into wine, the final results were brought to light after one year of trial and error of making the magic fluid. Once they witnessed the bird break from its stone husk, Taiju loudly celebrated as both students watched the little sparrow fly around in the sky freely. Senku sighs tiredly as he sat himself down, sweat that coated his forehead now running along his temple as he glanced up at the sky.

"One whole year since I have started my research. Now that I have that taken care of, there's still a few areas where [ f/n ] could be.." Senku whispers to himself as he averts his vision towards his childhood friend who was still fascinated by the little bird. He rises from his seat before returning to his laboratory and opening a spare compartment with a map of the area surrounding the base.

Senku exhales as he gazes at the pinned areas he had already looked, a frown etching his lips as he slightly scratches his chin before he sighs again. He looks down at his hands resting on the table before allowing the backdrop to go back to its original position. Senku could only close his eyes as he remembers the last memory of seeing [ f/n ], the slightly look of fear in her eyes as she turned around to face him before the world had turned into stone.

Senku could feel anger slightly stirring inside of his head, his hands clenching together as his knuckles had started to turn white from clenching so tightly. At this point, Taiju had already walked inside the laboratory and witnessing his friend grieving to himself over their childhood friend. He slowly approached him, giving him a few seconds before resting his hand on his shoulder, the white haired male looking at him for a moment before looking away again.