IMAGINE: Draco Having a Crush on You

You're walking out of one of your classes and see Draco Malfoy holding a first year Hufflepuff student against a wall, speaking in low, threatening tones. All of the other students walk by, ignoring Draco, too scared of him to do anything. You stand there, your breath quickening. Draco terrorizes everyone and no one says anything to him. They let him run free without punishment. You're sick of it.

     You pull back your shoulders, straighten your back, shove the sleeves of your robe up, and take a deep breath, before stalking over to Draco and the Hufflepuff student. "Do you have a problem?" You ask Draco coldly.

     He turns his head slowly and looks at you in angered shock. "Excuse me?" He hisses.

     You cross your arms and raise an eyebrow. "You're excused." You retort.

     Draco's jaw drops and he releases the Hufflepuff student who quickly scampers away. Draco turns to face you. "And just who do you think you are?" He asks, his eyes flicking to the Gryffindor patch on your chest.

     "The name is Y/N. You'd know that if you paid attention to who you shared classes with. But then again, for you to pay attention that means you have to care, which is impossible for you." You fire at him. He scoffs. You step close to him, leveling him with a glare. "Listen, Malfoy, next time I see you beating up on a student, I'm coming after you in every way, shape, and form. No more of you getting off the hook easily. I'm sick of seeing your face and I'd gladly change it to resemble a toad." You threaten lowly. He stares at you, his chest visibly moving up an down. "Got it?" You raise your eyebrows at him. He nods, blinking at you.

     Professor Minerva McGonagall exits a classroom and you quickly step away from Draco. "Hello, Professor." You smile brightly at her.

     She smiles. "Hello, Y/N." She says kindly. When she moves past you, you glare at Draco and then walk off.

———

For the next few weeks, Draco doesn't step out of line. It's the hot topic at school. Everyone is confused as to why he hasn't beat up a student or destroyed someone's homework.

     While you haven't said a word to Draco since you confronted him or he to you, he is constantly watching you. He has been called out multiple times by Professor Snape because he was so busy watching you that he added the wrong ingredient to his potion.

     You're going to breakfast one morning and, right before you're about to enter the dining hall, Draco sidles up next to you. You look at him, your eyebrows drawn. "Can I help you?"

      He swallows. "Y/N, I-I want to apologize."

     "You didn't beat up someone, did you?" You ask angrily, touching your wand.

     He jumps back and holds his hands up surrender. "No! No!"

     "Oh." You relax.

       He swallows. "I want to apologize for being so mean."

     You stare at him. "I'm not the one you should be apologizing to, Draco. You haven't done anything to me, except maybe existing." You say. His jaw drops. "I'm kidding." You laugh.

       "Oh." He laughs softly, rubbing the back of his neck. "No one-no one has ever stood up to me before. No one had the courage to. But you...you had the gall to threaten me, and that floored me. You aren't afraid of me." He breathes, shaking his head.

      "You're all talk and cowardice, Draco." He stares at you and you shrug. "I'm just being honest."

      He sighs. "I'm going to apologize to every student I've ever wronged."

     "You may have to come back after your graduating year to finish it." You smile.

      "Ha ha." He rolls his eyes.

———

Draco and you actually become friends, much to your horror. Now that he's actually being nice and respectful to other students, you're seeing him for something other than a complete jerk. You're actually starting to have feelings for him. True to his word, he works on apologizing to the students that he's wronged.

       One day Draco and you are walking the grounds, talking about a Potions assignment that Snape has assigned. "Y/N." Draco says, suddenly stopping.

       You stop with him and look at him. "What?"

      "I didn't want to come out here to talk about the assignment."

      Your eyebrows furrow. "Then what did we come out here for?" You frown.

     "Privacy."

      "Is this the part where you say you've been lying to me all these months and now you're going to use the killing curse on me?" You ask, half kidding, half not.

     "What?! No, no, oh my gosh, no." He protests. He clears his throat. "I wanted to tell you that I really like you. I love spending time with you, and I'd like to spend more with you."

      You stare at him, your eyes going wide. "Wait, what?" You breathe.

     "Y/N, that day you called me out, you opened my eyes. It was like you tore off the veil. You brought out something in me, something I didn't know I had. I really, really like you, Y/N. A lot."

     "Draco, I don't know what to say." You breathe. "I mean-I mean, I like you. Against my better judgment, I do. But do you think it would be wise for us to start something? I feel like it could end horribly." You whisper.

     He steps forward and grabs your hand. "How will we know if we don't try? I feel like we could make this work. If we want it badly enough." He whispers. "And I don't know about you, but I really want it." He squeezes your hand.

     You smile a little. "So do I." You breathe as he smiles at you.
[THE END] I hope you liked it!