"Yay! Amma, Maccies!" The crying expression had transformed into a much happier one. "Can I go with Auntie Lil!??"

"Can he go with Auntie Lil?" Lilith asked, a satisfied smirk on her face.

The young parents scowled at her.

"Yes, baby, you can." Edmund nodded, stooping down to his son's level and kissing his cheek, hang what the rest of the old, judgemental parents thought of him and his girlfriend. "We'll see you in a few hours."

"Bye, Dada, bye, Amma!"

"See you at home!" Lilith waved behind herself as the parents waved back glumly, now more upset about Alec being sent to nursery school than Alec himself.

"Come on." Edmund wrapped his arm around his girlfriend-wife's waist. "Let's go look for a flat now."

-

"You carve steaks really well, Peter." Ben complimented as his girlfriend handed out plates to everyone around the table- they had shifted to a larger apartment in the same building a year and a half ago.

"Must be from all the practice carving bodies." Sanya said, smiling at Susan as she placed her plate before her.

"No medical talk during meal times." Lilith frowned, as most of the table looked queasy at the Indian's words. "Where's Lucy right now? Would it be an okay time to video call her?"

"Near Kilimanjaro." Edmund answered, as he cut Alec's Turkey sandwich in pieces small enough for him to swallow. "Two hours ahead, so it'll be ten there, but she has very early mornings, so she should be asleep."

"Don't let's disturb her, then." As much as Peter missed his littlest sister, he wouldn't sacrifice her sleep or health. "She comes back for two weeks during Christmas." He reminded, as he was wont to do every few hours.

Lilith patted her fiancé's arm. "We know. And we're all waiting for then too."

"'Ffin! Goose!" Alec suddenly called, and the table groaned as the two dogs ran towards the toddler and settled themselves at the base of his chair.

"They were eating, baby!" Sanya shook her head as she and Lilith slid out of their seats to drag the dogs back to the food bowls. "Ed, stuff his mouth with food, so he can't speak."

"And here you were almost crying over having to leave him for a few hours just this morning." The brunet rolled his eyes but did put a spoonful of turkey-sandwich-piece into his son's mouth. "And speaking of this morning-"

"You want to tell them?" Sanya looked at him as she sat back in her seat again. "But-"

"I know, but-"

"The last one was-"

"And it was-"

"True, and-"

"Do you two practise creepy telepathy in your free time?" Ben asked, cutting off their frankly creepy half-verbal conversation. "Professor X could never."

"We don't really have a lot of free time, between work and Alec and things." Edmund rolled his eyes.

"And what they DO do during their free time is most certainly not as silent as telepathy." His brother said pointedly- he really wished the walls were thicker.

The younger couple blushed and then shared a look before Sanya said, "You won't have to worry about that anymore- probably."

"What, are you going to stop having sex?" Lilith asked bluntly, quite baffled.