The Sleepover

Isabelle used the last of her upper body strength and heaved herself up onto the gigantic couch. Apparently being smaller meant that she was weaker too. Isabelle stood up but immediately collapsed on the soft couch, taking deep breaths. She never would have expected to wake up one inch tall during a sleepover at her best friend, Jax's place. Jax slept on the couch, as Isabelle slept on the floor beside him. The two didn't fall asleep straight away though, they stayed up, laughing together as well as shedding a few tears here and there.

     It wasn't until four in the morning that Isabelle passed out in the middle of their conversation. Jax wasn't mad though, he himself was feeling completely warn out and exhausted. He fell asleep moments after. The next thing Isabelle knew was that she woke up to see Jax's gigantic hand hovered over her tiny body. Isabelle tried calling for Jax to wake up, but the loud snoring he was audibly releasing meant he was completely out. Jax was peacefully sleeping on his back, which made Isabelle realize that she had to climb even more.

     Isabelle took a look at her best friend's position. His left leg was hung over the other arm of the couch while his right leg was tucked in. Isabelle shook her head, he always slept in the weirdest positions. Isabelle took a deep breath and sprinted toward him. It took a few times to find out where to run, but when she finally discovered the way, she was now on top of his chest. Isabelle tried her first idea, which was jumping up and down on his chest, but apparently from her size, it felt like nothing to Jax.

Isabelle was immediately knocked onto her ass as she felt movement from Jax. "Oooh shit!"

     Isabelle screamed in terror as Jax began to roll over onto his side. Isabelle instantly jumped off of his stomach and right back into the couch. When she landed she glanced up, only to see Jax's gigantic body coming straight toward her. He definitely wasn't sleeping on his side, he was shifting to lay on his stomach! It was as if her entire was going in slow motion, but she knew she had to act fast. No thoughts occurring, she dove right off to the couch, praying that her landing wouldn't be brutal.

     Her eyes closed and screams pouring out of her mouth, her landing was just as she prayed, it was soft, she even bounced a few times! It wasn't long until she realized that she landed on her sleeping bag.

"I can't believe that just happened," she spoke to herself, slowly climbing up to her feet. "but I'm still alive!"

Isabelle heard a small groan from Jax, startling her. "Mmm, Izzy, you up?"

Isabelle's eyes shot wide open. He was awake. "JAX! JAX! DOWN HERE!"

     She jumped up and down, drastically calling out her best friends name. She watched as he leaned over the couch to check for her. Her heart dropped as he watched his face expression fall into confusion. She screamed louder, but he seemed to not be hearing any of her cries. Jax swung his legs off of the couch. Isabelle was knocked down as Jax's bare-feet landed on both sides of her. She looked at both of his feet, they were as big as a school bus, maybe even bigger! She looked up, watching in horror as Jax's gigantic figure stood up. She felt like she was about to pass out.

"Hmm, she must be rummaging through my fridge."

     Isabelle couldn't disagree, but she knew the kitchen was where Jax was going next. As his foot slowly lifted over her tiny body, she jumped and gripped onto his long pajama bottoms. She screamed as he started walking toward the kitchen. Although the experience was awfully scary, it was at the same time pretty exhilarating. The wind blew through her face as Jax continued on the way to the kitchen. When he entered the kitchen, that was when Isabelle disconnected. She rolled a few times but eventually stopped.

"Izzy? You in here?"

     Isabelle scrambled up to her feet and turned toward Jax, seeing Jax looking around the kitchen. He sighed and placed his hands on his hips. He exhaled a sigh.

"Man, I guess she headed home early."

"JAX! I DIDN'T! JUST LOOK DOWN!" isabelle cried out, back to her jumping up and down. "JAX! I'M DOWN HERE!!"

     Isabelle took a step back as she saw Jax start to make his way over toward her, his eyes up and completely not aware of her presence.

"WAIT! JAX! DON'T—"

     Isabelle couldn't take another second and turned around to sprint away from her giant best friend's bare-foot that was coming toward her. The booming footsteps caused Isabelle to fall straight onto her knees. An instant shadow hovered over and fear struck in her heart. She turned and looked up, only to see Jax's bare-foot hurdling down toward her.

"JAX NOOOO!"

     Jax took his step, unknowingly crushing his best friend underneath his bare-foot. He didn't feel a thing, and thought that Isabelle went home, but little did he know, he was far from right.