Where is she?

Pearl warped back to the Temple, She was the last gem to arrive, Amethyst was sitting impatiently on the counter top and Garnet was standing beside her with her arms folded. Connie and Greg both look at her and stood up, Connie clutching Steven's Ukulele close to her chest.

"Pearl, ok now that's everyone, we found, well Mr Universe found something" Connie explained with a slight tone of worry in her voice.

"Yeah, I was asking around town and I found out that a large orange lady left the store with a lot of food, I don't know if this is really helpful but-" Greg explained before being cut off by Amethyst.

"Jasper?! Why would she have food? Do you think she knows where Steven is?" The purple gem erupted.

"It's true, we've never seen her eat, it would be very odd for her to start eating so suddenly, and in a large quantity?" Pearl continued.

"We should fine her and question her." Garnet suggested.

"Wait, did you guys find anything? Where did you look?" Connie questioned.

"I searched the Sky Temple, where he found the Heaven Beatle." Garnet answered, "I couldn't find anything. Apart from his goat I was told about."

"I went to the Gem Battle field, I couldn't find anything either.." Pearl continued, not mentioning the time she wasted reminiscing.

"I went to the Kindergarten. I searched and couldn't find nothin' either" Amythist concluded.

"We're wasting time, let's go, Greg, stay here, just incase he comes back" Garnet urged.

"Got it" Greg agreed, quite happily; not wanting to face a "large orange lady" as Sour Cream phrased it.

The gems and Connie all warped out to Little Homeworld, Lion in quick pursuit. They all stepped off the warp pad and ran around looking for Jasper, asking questions to all the off coloured gems who took residence on earth.

"Hey guys!"Came Peridot's familiar high pitched voice, the gems all looked up, She was floating in on her Trash bin Lid, with Lapis flying next to her. The pair landed and Peridot picked up her lid, "What's up? Where's Steven?"

"There's no time to explain, have you seen Jasper?" Amethyst impatiently asked.

"No, why? What did she do?" Lapis worriedly responded.

"We don't know for certain but can you help up look for her? We could use some eyes in the skies.." Pleaded Connie.

"We'll help look but your worrying me, is everything okay?" Peridot questioned worriedly.

"Once we find Jasper We'll explain everything back in the Temple..." Pearl bargined.

Lapis and Peridot flew up and away, searching for Jasper, the gems all continued their search.

Hours pass with no luck, the Crystal Gems all group back together near the warp pad to think of a new plan, it was getting dark, Connie seemed to be terrified more than sad. Why haven't they found her yet? Where is Steven? She tightened her grip of Steven's Ukulele.

Pearl was the first to notice, "Everything will be fine Connie, We'll find him. Maybe you should go home? It's been a long day..."

"I can't leave now! What if you guys find him?! I want to be there! I want to help him! I...I don't want him to be hurting anymore..." Connie protested, tears forming in her eyes.

"Connie, you're tired, you need to rest, I promise if we find out anything we will tell you." Garnet promised, placing her hand on Connie's shoulder, and giving her a warm smile.

The human stayed silent, hugging Steven's Ukulele tightly, "O-Okay, if you find out where he is though get lion to wake me up" She pleaded before climbing on top of Lion.

"He'll come for you anyway" Joked Amethyst before Lion ran into his portal and taking Connie home.

Connie arrived home, she hopped off Lion, "Thanks Lion, " She stroked his main, "We'll find him, I know your worried" she smiled as Lion nuzzled into her arms, before opening a portal and jumping through.

Connie opened her house door and walked in, fully prepared to fall asleep.