Chapter 29 - The Fight

Começar do início

"Is this because I sat with Evan and not you? This is because of me, right? Or is it because of something else? Evan told me-"

"Do you seriously believe him more than you believe me?" he shouted and I flinched. He has never used this tone on me before. Surely he has been angry and has shouted on me in a similar situation (ironic how it was the same place) but at that time we were different. We shared a different relationship.

He didn't know me from the inside.

I didn't know him from inside and outside.

"I can only believe you if you tell me something. You never open up to me about anything, Dave. This is supposed to work both ways. If I opened up to you, then you should at least try opening up to me too, right? You didn't even say anything. Did you fight because of-"

"For fuck's sake Bella, stop connecting everything to yourself. I have a life too. You are just being pathetic right now. You know what, I feel you and I are exactly the same. We both get hurt very easily and are scared to let others see our pain. The only difference is, I take all my anger out by beating the hell out of that person while you just sit in one corner like a coward and cry." He finally said it all.

This was what was in his heart all this while? That is all what I am to him? A coward?

Was all that he said to me, just for sympathy?

I placed my hand over my mouth to stop myself from sobbing. It didn't work. He groaned as he bend down and let out a frustrated sound. He straightened himself before looking at the sky, placing a hand on his waist and biting his lips.

He lifted his hand up to grab his hair. I thought he was going to hit me so in reflex, I placed my hand in front of my face to prevent him from slapping me and squealed.

I was panting after seeing this side of him. A lone tear escaped my eye and rolled down my cheeks.

"Bella I was grabbing my hair. I wasn't going to- I am-"

"If consoling the person I like the most is labelled as being pathetic then so be it. But you have no right to call me a coward." I said without looking at him because I knew once I look into his eyes, I would lose the ability of making sentences. My voice was stern but still cracked.

I wiped away the tears.

Stop crying, Isabella. Just stop fucking crying!

"Evan told me that you lost something very precious because of him. I just asked whether it was because of that or not. Honestly, I don't know if I will ever be able to understand you. I am unsure whether we will ever work because a mere no one is capable of pulling us apart. Hell, I don't even know whether we will ever get past this."

"Bella, I know I am wrong here but I was not in my right mind. I am sorry. Bella, listen-" he came forward and tried to hold me but then I backed away. He tried to hold my arms but I just yanked his hand away.

"Bella please, just listen-"

"I am not a doll which you can use and throw whenever you feel like. Also about the fact that you call me 'baby girl', if you are going to take that name literally, then stop calling me that. I am not a kid to be manipulated by you, Dave Anderson." I shouted.

"Bella please-" He started off again but I cut him off.

"Say it when you mean it. And I don't think you would wanna be seen with a 'coward' and 'pathetic' girl like me. So it shouldn't make a difference." I said and left with a huff.

For the first time, I was scared of this guy. I shouldn't be but I was. I don't know why.

I can't believe that he could hurt me so much with just his words. It hurts more than it does when my step father beats me. So they meant it when they said that physical pain in nothing compared to emotional pain.

I think this is how you pay for liking someone. Get hurt by every little thing they say against you.

The bell rang and I rushed to the class. I pulled Olivia to sit next to me and left the middle space between us empty so that Dave doesn't sit with us. The rest of the day she sat beside me.

Dave called me time and again when the teacher wasn't looking and when she wasn't there but I ignored him completely as if he doesn't exist. I had nothing to do with this guy.

I don't even know this guy.

Ha! I wish. How can I not know the person who has been running in my mind from the past three hours? Nobody but him. I hate myself for hating and liking him at the same time. My mind has never been this messed up.

I sighed and walked out of the class as soon as the last bell rang. I was about to reach my car when I heard Dave's voice from behind. He was a few meters from me so I ran to my car as fast as I could. He saw me running and ran behind me too. I hopped inside the car and locked the gate. He reached my window and tapped on the window but I didn't open.

I know I am emotionally weak when it comes to this guy and I will easily give in to him. I don't want to just yet. He kept shouting my name out loud, telling me to open it but I didn't.

I told Mr. Peterson to start the car.

"Ma'am are you sure? It might be important."

"Just start the car Mr. Peterson. I don't want to talk to him."

And with that, we drove off. I turned around to have one last glance at him.

I did a huge mistake by turning.

He stood there alone in the parking lot, just staring at the retreating figure of my car.

A part of me felt sad and thought that I should just jump out of the car and run back to him (I told you I would give in) but then the other half told me not to do that. I think I should just go with the later for the time being.

My phone started to ring.

Dave.

I just ignored his call and listened to the ringtone. After the fifth call, I put the phone on silent. My phone kept vibrating from his endless and never ending messages but I didn't check them.

None.

Not so soon, Dave. You will have to work harder than that.

🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀

*

*

*

*

Name the stars as you like.

On a scale of 1-10, how much would you rate the chapter?

Random question: Have you ever had a crush on a teacher?