he was seated by the counter, licking edibles off his fingers delightfully. san blinked in disbelief; this guy was the most popular guy at school?

"oh, hi san!" seonghwa chirped happily upon spotting the spectacled boy, waving at him with his messy hands.

"h-hey, seonghwa." he stuttered; not for he was shy, instead, because he was thoroughly disrupted by the boy and his inhumane habits. "what's that... thing on your lips?" he asked curiously, referring to the brown cream.

seonghwa's eyebrows furrowed downwards, and his index finger rose to take a swatch of whatever the boy was talking about. "oh, this?" he exclaimed with his stained index finger held up, "it's nutella! my absolute favorite, do you want so-"

"did i hear nutella?" yeosang barged into the kitchen with a stern voice. seonghwa looked up at the boy like he had been caught red handed, blinking once, twice...

"park seonghwa!" yeosang squeaked at the sight of the cream, running over to him to hit his shoulder repetitively. "that was for the flipping cake, you blatant fool!" he yelled, ignoring seonghwa's cries for help.

"i'm sorry, i'm sorry!" seonghwa squealed, trying to hold yeosang's prying hands back. yeosang paused amidst his attacking, staring into seonghwa's sort of apologetic eyes before taking pity over him. with a sigh, he retreated, head dropping into his hands.

"you're such a pain," he sighed again quietly.

seonghwa looked at him with those gleaming eyes of his as yeosang approached him and leaned forward, one hand holding seonghwa's cheek and the other, wiping the cream off of his face with his thumb.

the smell of perfume from yeosang overpowered the odour of cocoa powder and flour and eggs that emitted off of seonghwa; a smell that relieved seonghwa of things he had absolutely no clue of.

seonghwa's hand subconsciously reached up to hold onto yeosang's wrist in a feathering hold, an action that drifted yeosang from his movements prior. and now, here the two were, staring into each others eyes in the most settling way possible, with no sense of touch. the proximity between their faces, left yeosang feeling precisely dominated by the taller, a feeling that was further heightened by his touch.

"what a show." san commented mockingly in the background, snorting. undoubtedly, san played the role of a wake up call for yeosang.

"shut it," yeosang pulled back and hissed, giving him a tight kick on the shin. before the pair could proceed with their silly argument, the doorbell sounded for the second time that day, only this time, yeosang had no clue as to who it was.

but then again, it seemed as if seonghwa would have a clear-cut clue, for he was clapping his hands excitedly in the background, eyes gleaming with pure excitement.

"what did you do?" san asked curiously with slow concern, fearing the future as he eyed seonghwa carefully. yeosang's eyes widened upon spotting the excitement on the boys face. "oh, god." he groaned to himself, probably having found an answer as to what exactly seonghwa had done.

he ran to the front door, pulling it open. sure enough, there stood the three people that sat on the bottom of the list of people yeosang wanted to meet at the moment; mingi, jongho and the infamous wooyoung.

"hey!" wooyoung exclaimed, more like yelled and the trio collectively waved enthusiastically at yeosang, who had his jaw dropped in absolute shock and despair.

he blinked, not being able to comprehend the sight in front of him. as if things couldn't get any worse, seonghwa had decided to step up his game at the wrong time, once again.

the boys moved past yeosang, allowing themselves inside. and the same moment that the sounds of boyish hollering rose from the kitchen, yeosang woke up from his daze.

upon making his way back into the kitchen, he was not at all shocked to see mingi sitting up on the kitchen counter, jongho trying to act like a contestant on masterchef australia as he tried to explain professionally the magic behind making the perfect chocolate cake to an intrigued seonghwa, and wooyoung cornering a scared san against the counter.

"this is going to take a while." yeosang muttered helplessly; and subsequently, he wondered, whether the ingredients seated on the counter would have a finger laid upon them, at all.

○○○
it was finally, past 9pm.

and safe to say, they got their cake done, and it was as delicious as they sought it to be. of course, only because san and yeosang managed to keep their cool throughout the whole series.

shockingly, mingi played a good role in helping them with the mixing and baking process, and unsurprisingly, jongho tried to fuck things up with his reverse knowledge in the art of baking.

yeosang turned off the lights in the bedroom, and now, the only source of light they had was that emitting from the giant window, though it's effects were meagre.

after getting seonghwa out of his wheelchair and helping him get on the bed, yeosang rubbed his lazy eyes, finally getting into bed.

"your friends are the epitome of chaos." yeosang breathed, and seonghwa snorted at the short comment; he really didn't comprehend all that due to the usage of big words that he had no clue of, but he got the gist of it.

"i'm sorry for calling them over without telling you." seonghwa found himself apologising, a common happening.

"it's alright," and like always, yeosang was quick to forgive him. "i had fun, i guess."

the simple statement was the cause of the pretty little smile that sat on seonghwa's sophisticated face in the few moments of silence that tailed them.

"hey, sangie?" seonghwa's voice echoed in the darkness of the room. yeosang, who had been rubbing his eyes in exhaustion, answered with a hum.

"thank you." was all seonghwa said, in a light, touching tone. yeosang turned to look up at him questioningly, and seonghwa proceeded. "thank you for letting me stay here, with you. and for tolerating me. i know i can be a pain in the ass sometimes, and i'm really sorry about that." he laughed quietly, fumbling with his fingers apologetically.

yeosang sighed, ruffling the boys hair and messing it up in the process. "don't overthink it, seonghwa. you're obnoxious, i agree, but you're fun to be around. don't worry about it."

and finally, seonghwa turned to look at the shorter back in the eye, with a sense of gratitude. with a smile that was bigger than before, he pulled yeosang into his chest, arms wrapping around him protectively and his chin resting atop his smooth hair.

surprisingly, yeosang never complained. rather, he complied, snuggling deeper into the boy's chest.

and just like that, the two found themselves drifting to a heavy slumber, all after a night of pure chaos.
---