Accidents

(y/n) sat beside L as always doing her own work, until a sudden yell alerted her.

"Mom!!"

(y/n) let out a sigh she only knew one kid that calls her that, she turned to Watari.

"Could you go and check on them for me?" She asked.

"Of course Ma'am."

The voice had lead Watari to the boys room he knocked on to gently, the is then opened by Mail he told the older man to come in.

"Would mind telling me what has happened?" He asked, Mail let out a sigh.

"The 3 of us we're playing and Nate accidently hurt himself." He explained.
"Watari could you take me to where mom is?" He asked Watari nodded his head.

(y/n) noticed Nate with Watari making their way to the living area, but what really surprised her is the albino child was almost in tears.

"Mom..." The second the word left from his lips, the task force looked at (y/n) surprised never had they thought that the young woman is married much less have a child, she walked towards him and pat on the head crouch down eye leave to him.

"What happened?" She asked Nate turned to L who joined them, the albino whispered it only to her and she nodded her head, she then carried him in her arms and walked towards the kitchen.

"You'll have to excuse me but I need to tend into him." She explained to the task force.

Once there she gently sat down Nate by the counter, (y/n) opened one of the shelves and took out a box.

"You should be more careful next time." L walked into the kitchen he then pat Nate on the head.

"Watari told me what happened, are you alright?" Nate nodded pouting as he did, he knew that Watari couldn't lie to L much least to (y/n).

"L could you go and get Mail and Miheal for me?" She said bandaiding Nate's wrisk, L nodded and left to get the two boys.

Once there the two quickly left guilty for hurting the albino, (y/n) looked at the boys pointedly.

"Well aren't you going to explain what happened?" She asked.

~flash back to a few minutes ago~

Everything was fine until Mail and Miheal got bored, so they decided to have their fun by picking on Nate.

Mail was quick to take the batman toy from the albino, he then pass it to Miheal who held it up out of reach for him,  Nate tried to get it back the toy was especial it was the first gift he received from both (y/n) and L.

"Miheal, give it back!!" He yelled Nate jump up trying to take the toy, but his foot accidentally slipped  because of another toy causing him to fall and hurt his hand, it hurt like hell a few tears made it's way to his eyes and he did the only thing he could do.

"Mom!!" He called out.
~end of flash back

"You boys never should of done that, now apologize to Nate." She told him.

"We're sorry Nate." They said L gently lifted Nate from the kitchen counter, and sat him down giving him back the batman toy.

"Thanks dad." He told him L called for Watari.

"Get them to their room and prepare them for bed." He told him, Watari only nodded his head.

"No that's okay, I'll go and get them ready for bed." She said.

"Can we stay up late, please, please, please dad." Mail said his knees to the floor and grabbing on his jeans begging.

"I suppose. But you have to ask (y/n) first." The 3 boys looked at her with a sigh she nodded her head.

"Watari could you prepare some snacks for them." She said to the older man, Watari nodded they got out of the kitchen to let him do his work, the task forced looked at the children a bit surprised.

(y/n) and L sat back down on their sits, Nate sat on her lap playing with the batman toy, Miheal sat beside L and Mail inbetween him and her husband.

"Elizabeth, I didn't know you have kids." Matsuda said, the task all nodded in agreement Nate's toy fell Mail was about to pick it up went someone else did.

"Here you go."

He said L turned to the person and take the toy from him then give it back to Nate.

"Thank you Light-kun." The 3 boys looked at the man named Light, and to say that his a bit suspicious would be understatement.