Switched - 15

Chapter XV

He wasn't Lance. The guy who came wasn't Lance. He was Louis. All along, Lance was the one with me. I knew there was something wrong! Louis wouldn't stay silent when we're together. That I was certain. No matter how aggravated I was won't stop him from talking. But the guy I was with earlier was dead silent lying on my bed.

And the reason why I felt different...

No. It wasn't possible. It can't be possible.

The door behind me suddenly opened which made me jump off a bit. The twins were standing side by side the door frame when I turned around to face them. Suddenly, it felt awkward on my part. Knowing that Lance was the one who was hovering me earlier...

"So what are you still doing here?" said one of the guys. I didn't know if it was Lou or Lance since I was basically roaming around wonderland at the moment.

I lifted my head to see both of them staring down at me. An uninvited feeling of consciousness ran through me. The stare they were giving me gave me the creeps. Though they have different eye color, the intensity in it couldn't be mistaken.

"I—I wanted to go back to bed. S—so I just w—waited." I said as I averted my gaze to anywhere but the confused set standing in front of me.

They eyed me dubiously. Probably not believing the lie I just weaved. Luckily, they didn't question me but the curious stares were still there. As if they were waiting for me to spill what I was actually doing there when I should be at Louis' room. They weren't thinking that I eavesdropped, were they?

"Wait. Don't tell me you think I listened in?"

Both guys kept looking at me with the same spill-it-out stare. Did they really think that? What the heck?

"Hey! I didn't hear a thing!"

One of them, which I am now certain was Louis, stepped out of my room to stand beside me. His closeness didn't bother me that much unlike when his arrogant, conceited brother was near.

"I'm not accusing you of anything, Gel. I trust you." Louis said in a consoling tone. His hand lightly grazing my back. There was something wrong with the way he said that. It seemed like it was half meant though I knew Lou trusts me.

But I swear I didn't hear a single thing. My mind was so engrossed by the fact that Lance was pretty much the one behind my butt everytime that I didn't get to pay attention to whatever it was they were talking about.

I dropped my gaze and stared intently on my flops. How will I explain that to Louis? Will he believe me if I tell that to him? As I was forming a mental script, someone suddenly said, "You can use your room now."

The twins were already making their way down the stairs when I lifted my head. "They didn't believe me. Did they?"

Letting out a sigh, I entered my room limply with my head down. I plopped on my bed and spread my arms wide while staring into what seemed like an invisible painting on my ceiling.

"Why was I sulking over such a small matter anyway? It's not like Louis will get mad at me for eavesdropping." I muttered to myself. "But what if he does get angry? And I didn't even do it. Ugh!" I frustratedly comb my fingers through my hair and let out yet another sigh.

The next days went crazy for me. Distancing myself to Louis and doing only small talks with him was like me putting a "Don't talk to me" sign in front of me. Not that I didn't want to talk to him. It was just, I was being aware. I never knew when they would switch places again. I didn't even know when they started doing that. Or if Louis even spent time with me in the first place. From the very start, something wasn't right. Guess my hunch was right this time eh?