06 • nightly talks!

• • •

• • •

Wooyoung

Submerged under comfortable sheets later that night, I do a lot of thinking, almost afraid to admit that most of it is about a certain black haired vampire. But then again, I've been thinking about him a lot lately.

And it's not always for a good reason, like right now.

I can't stop thinking about what transpired during dinner earlier. Of course, nothing particularly horrible happened. Hongjoong's parents were just as accomodating as they usually were, and the food was scrumptious, as usual. There were a lot of options to choose from regarding the meals, and if I had not been paying much attention to my surroundings then I would've totally missed San's behaviour during that time period.

Or lack thereof.

San, sat amidst the chaos of hungry college kids scavenging for the wide array of tasty food present, did not take anything to chew on. Not even once. I tried not to stare at him too much, even narrowly missing his eyes at some point, and all I could do at those times was to bite down that feeling of wanting to feed him. I didn't like how he practically avoided anything to do with food, and I still don't like it. Why didn't he want to take anything?

It's none of your business, Wooyoung! My mind screams at me, and I turn over on the bed, staring at the curved ceiling. It's quiet here in this guestroom, save for Yeosang's occassional snoring. I stare at my best friend lying only a couple feet away from me, amused at how he slightly smacks his lips as he dreams, his birthmark forming a faint halo of minty green on his cheeks. Chuckling to myself, I remember all the times Yeosang tried to convince me he doesn't snore, yet here's the solid proof. At least, I'm glad he seems to be having little to no trouble sleeping.

I sigh, my dark brows knitting when the image of San paints itself across my mind. I thought of tonight, of 
how we swam together and the sweet sound of his laughter, and how he seemed to finally be opening himself  up a bit to me, and I can't help but feel a bit worried that San would revert back to his reserved state by the next day. Especially after what happened at dinner.

Maybe he's just not comfortable eating around people? I wonder. That seems plausible.

But then again, I think as I roll and face the wall, he's not the only vampire here.

Maybe he's just iffy about feeding on blood around others? A voice in my head states.

But there were blood-flavoured pastries present! Hongjoong said they tasted 'divine'! Another voice snaps.

Maybe he doesn't like cakes! The first voice bites back.

Maybe he doesn't like you! The second voice argues.