Suzie, Do You Copy? - [Pt.2 - FINAL PART]

Start from the beginning

Max gave us the 3, 2, 1, and then we blew our kazoo thingies, and Dustin, in return, he screamed, turned around, and sprayed Lucas in the face with his... Farrah Fawcett spray?

He and Lucas were now both screaming, and everyone else had backed up.

-

So currently, Max was helping Lucas get the spray out of his eyes, and the rest of us were looking at what Dustin has made during camp.

"I call it... the Forever Clock." Dustin said, grabbing what looked like a windmill thing. "All right? Powered by wind. Very useful in the apocalypse." He handed it to Will. "Then, I give you... the Slammer." He grabbed like a hammer mechanism looking thing, which kinda rumbled and vibrated, headed it towards Mike and El, who were holding onto each other, and backed away. Dustin chuckled. "Pretty neat, huh? But this... this is my masterpiece." He said, putting a blue duffel bag onto the floor, and zipped it open. "I would like you to meet... Cerebro."

Inside the duffel bag was a load of wires and mechanisms and I had no clue what it was. I don't think any of us did.

"What exactly are we looking at here?" Mike asked, clearly confused.

"An unassembled, one-of-a-kind battery-powered radio tower!" He said, proudly.

"So, it's a... a ham radio." Will concluded, dully.

"The Cadillac of ham radios. This baby carries a crystal-clear connection over vast distances. I'm talking North Pole to South. I can talk to my girlfriend whenever and wherever I choose."

Everyone's eyes widened at the word "girlfriend."

"GIRLFRIEND?!" We all jinxed.

Dustin grinned widely.

Dustin carried the duffel bad as we decided to set Cerebro up.

"Wait, so her name is Suzie?" Mike asked.

"Suzie with a z. She's from Utah." Dustin responded.

"Girls go to science camp?" Will asked.

"I'd go," I said.

"Suzie does. She's a genius."

"Is she cute?" Mike asked.

"Think Phoebe Cates, only hotter."

"Phoebe Cates? Really?" I said.

We passed y the front hallway.

"What's going on?" Max asked, as Lucas getting running his eyes over with hot water.

"Going to talk to Dustin's girlfriend," Will responded gleefully.

"GIRLFRIEND?!" Max and Lucas jinxed.

We all headed out.

-

We were heading up someone's farm, to the highest possible point in Hawkins, because, apparently, according to Dustin, it's the only way for Cerebro to work.

"Aren't we high enough?" Lucas asked.

"Cerebro works best at a hundred meters."

"You know, I'm pretty sure people in Utah have telephones." Max said.

"Yeah, but Suzie's Mormon."

"Oh, shit. She doesn't have electricity?" Lucas asked.

"Oh, that's the Amish," Max said.

"What are Mormons?" Will asked.

"Super religious white people." Dustin responded. "They have electricity and cars and stuff, but... since I'm not Mormon, her parents would never approve. It's all a bit... Shakespearean."