Chapter 23 - The Kiss

Comincia dall'inizio

Nobody came. Nobody would come.

He lifted my shirt up and placed kisses on my stomach. It made me feel sick. I screamed at the top of my lungs. He gave a tight squeeze to my breast and I shouted again. He placed a hand over my mouth to muffle my screams.

Nobody came.

"No!! Please don't.... leave me alone....please don't do th-....help."

"Isabella,"

"No! I can't handle it anymore!" I shouted again. Why is everything spinning. Why is his touch becoming softer and softer?

"Bella, please open your eyes. Wake up Isa. Isa?!" I opened my eyes and saw Dave looking at me. I suddenly got up and hugged him. I felt as if my step dad is around me and I need to protect myself.

"Dave. Dave, nobody came. Nobody came to save me. I w-was alone. I-I don't want t-to go back. Please save me. I will die. I don't want to be near him. Please do something, Dave." by now I was hysterically crying. I don't even know what got over me that I said those stuffs. I immediately regretted what I said.

"Why would you say that? Who didn't come, Bella? Who are you so scared of? Tell me, baby girl." He said. He looked so worried. Gosh I am so stupid. Why did I say that?

"Nothing. I just-"

"How long?" he asked, seriousness written all over his face.

"Huh?"

"How long have you been having these nightmares?" he asked again. He held my face in a comforting manner and I looked between the place where he held me and his eyes. His touch is so comforting.

I was so lost in his eyes that I blurted out the answer. "It's been years now."

"Bella, what happened? I know there is something serious going on. You have to tell me. I know it is too early to tell me all this stuff. I mean we just met."

"Dave you don't hav-" I started only to be interrupted by him.

"But I want you to know that I will solve all your problems. Be it big or small. I will do anything to rub that frown off your face and make you smile. Be it now or in future. You can trust me with this one, bebita. I am serious." Dave said. (baby girl)

I guess he was serious. I was still very confused whether I should tell him or not. "It's fine, Isabella. Leave it. We will talk about this when you are comfortable. Let's have lunch. Come." he sighed and got off the bed. Before I could think, I held his hand and he looked back at me. I had tears in my eyes and he came forward to wipe them.

"Let's start from the beginning." I said wiping my tears and he sat beside me. He cupped my face and said- "Bella it fine. I didn't mean to force the truth out of you. If you don't want to then, we can-"

"I want to. I want to say it out loud. It's been years since I have been burying it inside. I am tired of keeping this a secret. And you are not just anybody to me. If you can do so much as to me make me smile without asking for anything in return, this is the least I could do." This confidence in me was crazy. Firstly, he was cupping my face and to make the situation worse, the nick name which he gave me wasn't helping at all.

"I- my father died when I was 10. I wanted a toy of some sort and he went to get it. It was raining on his way back and he probably couldn't see the roads. It was a hit and run accident. He died on the spot. I will never be able to forget that night. My family was having financial crises specially when his business was at stake. My mother married Owen Williams after 1 month. He..." I trailed off when I remembered the day he came into my life. He was so generous in the beginning.