Rember, Please

You sit in the common room on the couch across from Gallant. The song changes and you watch him stand up slowly then walk out. Not wanting to be alone, you go to the library hoping to immerse yourself in a book to get your mind off of your interview. 'How could he know things I don't even remember.' You can still hear the song playing in the distance. 'Why would he make it seem like he's going to kiss me? Does he just like toying with people?'

——🕯

     Michael calls Ben into his office. "You are part of the cooperative, correct?" Ben nods "then why are you letting Ms. Venable treat this place like her own personal playground?"

     Ben scratches the back of his neck "I'm going to be honest Mr. Langdon; I barely joined the cooperative and I don't know much about it. My grandfather-"

      Michael gave him a death glare "how could you be part of the cooperative and not know the power you have? It sounds like you aren't doing your job." Ben doesn't know what to say. "Her outrageous rules, the way she tries to intimidate everyone, isn't it overbearing?"

     Ben nods "Yes sir."

     "Don't you find it odd you can't have sex with the woman you claim to love?" Michael hates having to say that, knowing he's talking about you.

     "I do think it's weird, but life isn't about having sex. A lot of people I know think it's the only thing that matters and just use others. I know that having sex can be a part of life but it's not necessary." Ben states, "Y/N is a wonderful woman and she's not ready for such a thing and I am not going to pressure her about it."

     Michael gets up from his chair and walks over to the fireplace. "You speak so elegantly about the subject," he turns around to face Ben. "And you claim to love Y/N so much." Michael walks over to Ben with a smile on his face but violence in his eyes. "I know you've been sneaking off with any and every grey you could swoon. I don't care if you prefer doing it with men over women, but adultery is not what I would have expected from you." Michael does his best not to just tear Ben to shreds. "I usually don't care about people's wrong doings, but you make me sick."

     "You're not going to tell Y/N, are you?" Ben is sweating so much at this point he feels like a bucket of water was thrown on him.

     Michael smiles "I should, but I have something else in mind for you. Ben, you know what happens when employees don't do their job don't you?" Ben looks at him with frightened eyes "I'm going to have to fire you."

     Ben laughs "Y-you can't do that-"

"Ooooh I'm afraid I can." Michael smirks, "you have shown you are a self-centered liar who is not good for the company. You are being let go, you're not welcomed in any outpost and especially not the sanctuary."

     Ben shakes his head "but it's an apocalypse out there! You can't just throw me out!"

     Michael sits back on his desk and looks at the papers in front of him. "You can pack some things to take with you, but I suggest you waste no time and start now." Ben looks at Michael dumbfounded. "Hurry."