安息

one

Pushing her black hair behind her shoulder, Yongsun struts down the cobbled pathway. Handbag swinging from her wrist, her beige trenchcoat swirling with all her movements, the female takes a turn into an alleyway.

Thumb wiping the corner of her mouth, Yongsun retracts her fangs back into her gums. Having just been out for some dinner, the female was set on returning back home. Ridding any remnants and traces that she had just drained someone of their blood, Yongsun quickens her pace down the deserted side-street.

For once, her mind wasn't on Moonbyul, which was a shocker. Yongsun was constantly riddled with a persistent sadness and emptiness over the passing of her friend. Her usual happy self had been buried deeply, and replaced with a moodier, sadder version. She no longer basked in the glory of her immortality; instead she dreaded and despised it.

Something that had been a blessing had now become a curse.

What was the purpose of being immortal when you didn't have the one person that made life worth living?

Enjoying the light breeze that whipped past her, the female closes her eyes and relishes the quietness of the night. Continuing down the path, Yongsun comes to a halt. Opening her eyes, she narrows them and turns her head. Having heard rustling and footsteps behind her, the female looked back. Seeing, and hearing, nothing, she shrugs and continues walking.

If someone, or something, did decide to jump out at her, she'd simply eat them. She had room for seconds, anyways.

Barely making it a few steps down the pathway, another set of footsteps were heard behind her once again. Stopping, Yongsun crosses her arms across her chest.

"Listen," speaking up into the darkness, the raven-haired female glares at nothing in particular, "if you're following me, just come out. I don't have time for these games."

Silence.

Scoffing, Yongsun spins back around and pockets her hands inside her trenchcoat. Annoyance was bubbling inside her.

"Ouch-!"

Hearing a female voice, Yongsun quickly stops and quirks an eyebrow up. "Who's there? I don't bite, just come on out."

"Fuck, that hurt." Groaning, the unnamed person blushes crimson at being exposed like this. They were doing so well too! Well, goodbye to their low-radar, ugh.

Curious, Yongsun oddly recognizes that voice. Furrowing her eyebrows, the raven-haired female's feet pull her closer to this stranger. The stranger that had activated a deep part of her brain's memory. For some reason, that voice sounded like it belonged to—

"Moonbyul-?"