I'm always here... - Chapter 11

Start from the beginning

Eric's aura turned red from rage. Ever since last week when you sat next to Jake at their lunch table, Eric's always been pissed on how close he'd gotten to you. Small, flirty little gestures like these always got him filled with rage. He really wanted to punch Jake in the face and kiss you afterward.

Yeah, he'd really come to accept the fact that he really, REALLY ached for you.

I smiled at Jake, unintentionally ignoring Eric, which just made Eric madder that I was giving all my attention to Jake and not him.

"So, what are you gonna order?" Jake asked.

I reached for the menu and skimmed through it. "Definitely (Insert favorite IHOP food)." I smiled.

"Oooooh, that's really good, I'm probably going to get a small stack of blueberry pancakes." Jake winked. "Wanna share with each other?" He asked.

My cheeks warmed up. "S-sure!"

Eric slammed his head on the wall, but since he's not in his physical form it didn't make any sound.

Eric knew that he would need for you to get a boyfriend if you wanted to remain popular, although seeing you with Jake now slowly broke him.

Jake ordered the food and it arrived for us to eat. Jake and I fed each other as if we were a couple. "Hey Y/n?" Jake asked.

"Mhm?" I hummed, totally not eating the last bit of Rich's fries.

"Would you like to go out with me?" He bluntly asked. I almost choked on my food for a brief moment. Eric's head slamming got more intense.

"Fuck it, I'll be back later, I need to go report a- er- bug," Eric announced as he dematerialized away before I could interject.

I glanced back at everyone else at the table, they were all dumbfounded at Jake's proposition. How was he so calm about this?!

"I-um..." What would Eric tell me to say in this situation?! "Yes!" I jumped.

Jake smiled at me and hugged me. "Score!" He enthusiastically exclaimed. Jake kissed my cheek as Brooke, Chloe and Rich cheered for us. I could feel my cheeks burn up.

Brooke and Chloe kept screaming over how much they ship it, and Rich just wouldn't stop giggling the whole time.

We ate our food and bid our farewells as we parted ways in the parking lot. "Alright, I'll see you guys soon!" We waved goodbye.

The three of us re-entered the car and drove back to Chloe's place.

We walked through the front door and Brooke let out a long yawn. "Alright, I'm getting really tired, I think I'm going to go off to sleep now." She said. Chloe agreed that she was getting tired as well. The two of them laid down on the futon and drifted off to sleep while I sat down at their table scrolling through Twitter.

My mind kept wandering back to Jenna's tweet, so naturally, I went to her account and started scrolling through the comment/reply section. (Tbh I don't have Twitter so I don't know how it works 🤣)

Big mistake.

I read almost every reply, but all of the supportive ones just went through one ear, out the other. All I heard in my head were the negative ones.

"@(Your Twitter User) shouldn't be with @JakeyDsD, she's just a no-good whore."