18. Garden of Eden.

I could be very well reading a fanfic right now, just saying + omfg, look at that picture.

Post coital bliss had never felt so good, for both of them.

Even though the Malfoy heir hadn't actually penetrated her, it felt equally euphoric. Neither of them could remember when was the last time they had been pushed off their limits when it came to activities as such. When was the last time either of them had climaxed so quick, that it was actually embarrassing, not to mention, still, beatific. It was no secret that both of them were a virgin; while Hermione had had her fair share of makeout sessions she was more than comfortable to tell with the youngest Weasley male, Draco could confirm with equal nausea what he felt when he had let his fingers venture into Pansy Parkinsonʼs underwear. From when they were, what you would call, 'a thing'. Question was— why did this particular one moment felt endearing?

“Do you think that eating the apple was justified?” Draco suddenly breathed onto her skin. He was close, very close. She could almost feel his mouth pressed in a hard line against her shoulder blade. Hermione felt herself closing her eyes for a second, imagining his lips on her skin again, her lips parted and then, she sucked in a sharp breath. Opening her eyes, she realised that it was largely due to the fact that Draco's fingers were treading dangerous territory— down her shoulders towards her right breast. She couldn't see his face as he was behind her but she could almost feel him smiling against her neck. And then she remembered that he had asked her something.

“What?” she sounded dumb, it wasn't something she was used to.

“Did you think that eating the apple was justified? In the garden of Eden?” she sensed him sitting up, ever so softly, tracing the skin on the back with his slender fingers; drawing away absent mind patterns on her body. She made out a couple of wild waves from an ocean as he swooshed his fingers over her bare back, then, a heart, followed by another one, just below her neck. It was a teenage thing, being in love, doing silly things as such and then laughing about them when you grew up and remembered them. It was the circle of life. You gathered these small moments up in your brain and stored away the emotions you felt at that very moment in your heart, locked away, until you're ready to hold out the key in front of your face, wiggle it before your eyes and tempt this new person you've become— tempt them into opening that locked chamber once again after all those years and maybe, just maybe, become that person you once were, carefree, young, juvenile, happy and, above all, in love.

“Well?” he brought his lips up to her cheek and gave it a lingering kiss. In one swift motion, Draco gathered her effortlessly in his arms and spin her around on the bed so she was facing him. Eye to eye, brown to silver, love to destruction, hypnotic.

Draco kept his grip on her shoulders.

“Yes.” she finally muttered, not knowing a sliver of what he was on about. For all she cared about, he could've asked her if the world revolved around the sun and she could've said, “No, you.”

“I think that,” she sat up, pulled a sheet over her naked body and turned to give him her full attention. Brushing a lock of platinum blond hair from his forehead, she sighed as she closed her eyes again. “That eating the apple was justified. Maybe perpetual happiness in the garden of Eden was extremely boring and I also think that Eve didn't want constant joy, nobody does. We all want pain to drive us, prolonged bliss seems too unreal, too monotonous. No, you want to the pain, too. I like to believe that she could tell something was fishy going on,” at that they both broke into laughter, her heart clenched. “No! I am serious! Hear me out.” Another laugh. “Nobody believes in everlasting ethereal, not even Eve.” she kissed his cheek, slow and steady.