Chapter Two: White Hair and Eyes of Crimson Red

Chapter Two
White Hair and Eyes of Crimson Red

There was anger.

Evident in his ghost grey eyes was anger. It sparked, conflagrant enough to burn the metal droid across the room. Its steel arms melted on the floor leaving behind molten materials and fuming smoke.

Nanggigigil na ibinato ni Ignis sa nasusunog na droid ang isang nagliliyab na energy ball na tila ba hindi pa sapat para sa kaniya na sirang sira na iyon.

It wasnʼt him.

Patuloy niyang ipinapaalala sa sarili iyon sa bawat suntok niya sa droid gamit ang nagliliyab niyang mga kamao.

He didnʼt start the fire.

Ignis always had a hunger for power. No matter how strong he became, something in him always screamed. He always felt like he needed to be stronger for something. It was as if there was always a warning in his head.

But it wasnʼt him.

Alam niyang hindi siya ʼyon. Alam niyang marami siyang kayang gawin ngunit hindi isa doʼn ang asul na apoy. Kahit gaano pa niyang ipilit ang sarili niya, hinding hindi niya kayang painitin ang mga apoy niya gaya ng asul na apoy.

It wasnʼt him.

May parte sa kaniya na naghahangad na sigawan si Rio. Nais niyang isigaw nang paulit-ulit sa kaniya na hindi siya ang may kasalanan.

But it couldnʼt be helped.

The relationship they once had now burned the way the blue flames devoured their old home. No matter how hard he tried, Rio wouldnʼt listen to him anymore.

Ignis lost his best friend.

"Argh!" He let out a scream. It sounded like a hurt cry of an alpha wolf that failed to protect its pack. The hunters have won against them.

Muling bumuo ng fire ball si Ignis na kasing laki ng mga bato sa bundok ng Mount Chyne. Gamit ang kaniyang natitirang lakas, pinilit niyang painitin ito kagaya ng mga tala sa kalawakan. Namumuo ang pawis sa kaniyang noo habang sinusubukan niyang gawing asul ang apoy.

Nakakabingi.

His attempt only made the sphere explode loud right in front of his eyes. He flew back, leaving a dent of his figure on the monolithic metal walls. The boy lifted his head in pain but immediately gawked at the aftermath.

There was blue, but it didnʼt come from him, he was sure of it. A mage will know if the magic is his. There will always be familiarity, spirit as they call it. It wasnʼt his. He could feel it. It wasnʼt so bright, nor was it a big flame. It was almost like a lit wick of a candle, a spark even, but it did not escape his eyes.

Ngunit may iba pang nakakuha ng atensyon niya.

Sa kabilang banda ng silid ay isa ring marka sa dingding, sa ibaba noʼn, makikita ang isang pigurang tila nakahimlay.

Isang babae.

The normal reaction was to panic. Ignis wouldʼve quickly ran and helped her up. But instead, he stood there, gawking.

Tila ba nakatingin sa salamin si Ignis.

At one look, you might mistake them for siblings because she had Ignisʼ aristocratic face. She would look exactly like him if only she had his flaming red hair and stark ghost grey eyes.

Instead, the girl in front of him had blonde hair that shined like platinum, light pierced through it, illuminating it alike to the vibrancy of his own red strands. She had skin as pale as snow. It reminded Ignis of the white that enveloped their old home. Her face... her nose arched the same angle as his. Her features were a little softer but they still looked the same.