Chapter One: S.A.V.E.U.

Chapter One
S.A.V.E.U.

The planet had no name.

Part of the outer rim, its surface consists of idyllic dessert-like plains, peaceful seas, and green hills. The terrains were ideal for complex trainings withstanding incredible amount of power. It was said that the magic used by Dicrea to construct the celestial body was that of the ancient dragon armafae dormant in the worlds between worlds.

Despite the rich nature, monolithic skyscrapers towered around the lands. There were spaceships zooming in and out of the atmosphere, concrete roads that elevated from the ground, and of course, self-acting droids were all around.

Tila ba ibang mundo iyon para kay Rio. Ibang iba ang mundong iyon sa kinalakihan niyang Mount Chyne sa planetang Thrae.

"A penny for your thoughts, anak?" ani ng ginoong nakatayo sa tabi niya sa elevator.

Rio could clearly see his greyish dark hair and bluebell eyes reflected on the steel doors. The man had a shiny nameplate on his pristine white lab coat, Professor X, Research Department Head.

"Sigurado po ba kayo na handa na ako para dito?" tanong ni Rio sa kaniya nang makarating sila sa training area na para sa admissions

"Capability-wise, of course," sagot ng propesor. "But as for willpower, itʼs a long way to go but youʼre getting there."

The girl fell silent. He was right. She didnʼt want any of this. None of this was something Rio ever asked.

One year ago, all she wanted was to see the world beyond Mount Chyne. Rio just wanted a family. She only wanted to feel what it was like to live.

She wanted none of this.

She didnʼt want to be saved.

Rio wanted to save the children in the orphanage.

To be alive today felt suffocating rather than it is relieving.

"All you have to do is to defeat the droids then you will be sorted out to your supposed class."

Ayon sa kanila, iyon lamang ang dapat niyang gawin. Sa oras na makatapak si Rio sa loob ng training room, agad siyang nabulabog ng mga droids na may dalang armas na laser. Iyon ang mga custom made na droids ng eskwelahan na ginawa lamang para sa training, ang TR unit droids.

The forging of identification cards in S.A.V.E.U. consists of an admission test where students have to defeat droids in a specialized training room. Their overall performance would be rated and sorted out into classes and hero ranks.

The highest rank were the S ranked heroes. They were the legends. These superheroes were often sent to the complex situations considered to be suicide missions. They were also the ones often faced by high-profiled villains.