"i don't know about this," avani said

"Guys, i'm begging. At least just give me a general idea."

they thought it over.

"please," i begged one last time.

"ok, ok, fine." Madi caved

Avani looked at her, almost asking if she was sure.
Madi nodded.

"you know how you and Chase had begun talking a long time before playlist?" madi asked

"yeah, so what?" i was confused to where this was going.

"That's when Chase and Cynthia we're still dating, but cynthia noticed once he began talking to you, he started to become..." Madi was looking for the right word, "distant," she finally said.

"oh" i said quietly

"The shortened version of the story is, Cynthia believed you were the reason Chase broke up with her." madi finished

"then why did she want to hangout with me?" i asked confused

"She thought you guys were dating, and she wanted to see if there was anything she could use against you to convince Chase to leave you. But she ended up realizing how good of a person you were and moved on," Madi added, "or at least that's what she said."

I didn't know how to react. Why wouldn't Chase tell me this? And why was cynthia suddenly so interested in Chase again?

As much as those questions burned through my mind, a part of me didn't want to know the answers to them.
That was the part of my who loved Chase, and was afraid to lose him.

We walked out of the bathroom and saw Chase and cynthia hugging. I rolled my eyes and walked over to Anthony.

"I'm ready to go," I said, i didn't want to be anywhere near Chase right now.

I walked out of the hotel room with Madi, Avani, Payton, Anthony, and Noen.

We got ourselves in uber and waited downstairs in the lobby. After a couple minutes Chase and Cynthia finally came down.  I ignored both of them and continued to talk to everyone else.

"You look good," Anthony said to me. he winked and then signaled towards Chase. He was trying to make Chase jealous.

I played along.

"You look pretty good yourself," i ran my hands through his hair. "I like you hair like this though," I said as i continued to play with his hair.

"Oh, well then i guess that how i'll be doing my hair from now on," Anthony responded seductively. "whatever you like babygirl"

That seemed to have caught Chase attention.
He walked over towards where me and Anthony were standing. A pissed look crossed his face.

"What's going on here, "babygirl" Chase asked mockingly.

"I don't know what you're talking about," i responded.

Chase wouldn't that that for answer.

"Kenzie, can we talk?" he asked.

i didn't budge

"please?" he said impatiently

"go ahead, talk" i responded

"i mean, alone." Chase said, trying to give anthony the idea he wasn't wanted here.

Me and Chase separated ourselves from the group so we could talk in private.

"Kenzie? what are you doing?" Chase said

"I don't know what you're talking about," two could play at this game.

"Come on. What is this really about?"

"You and cynthia." those were the only words it took for him to understand what was going on.

"oh" chase mumbled. He was at a loss for words

"Chase, you know you can talk to me," i said trying to encourage him to say something, anything at all.

"I know it probably didn't look to good, but i promise nothing is going on between us."

"Chase i trust you, and if you say nothing is going on, then i'll take your word for it. But are you sure there's nothing you want to tell me?" i asked

I worried look appeared on Chase's face.

"what do you mean?"

"I mean about what happened between you and Cynthia." i said

he seemed to relax.
"I honestly don't know. She hated me for a while after we broke up, but things are getting better now." Chase responded

"I'm sorry about me and anthony, i was just frustrated, because it seemed like you only cared about cynthia, and i wanted to make you jealous," i said embarrassed

Chase chuckled.

"you're too cute" he said and then kissed me with a smile forming across his lips.
"i mean it when i say this, you Mackenzie Matthews, are the only one for me."

I blushed and wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him passionately.

My heart told me he meant every word, But my brain couldn't help but think of the possibility he was just telling me what i wanted to hear.