Chapter Thirty-Three: The Dreamer's Greatest Nightmare

Start from the beginning

Blake: She did... and if she's still here, then that means...

Standing up from his seat, the Tenno concluded.

Ryoma: Mercury is still here.... they're up to something.

*SCCCCCHHHHHHHING!*

Weiss: !

Blake: !

Ryoma: !?

On the hologram, Pyrrha's semblance was too much for Penny, as her semblance was used to slice the android in half with her own weapon. Electrical circuits and wiring hung out from the girl as she collapsed in the ring; Pyrrha displaying horror at what she had just done.

Weiss: She just-!

Blake: Pyrrha!

Port: Not again!

Oobleck: Broadcast, what are you doing!? Kill the feed!

Ryoma: Those bastards are rigging the game!

But little did they know...

Broadcast Operator: We can't! Something's gone wrong with the cameras!

Those bastards were in it not for the Vytal Festival...

Oobleck: How is that possible!?

But something far greater....

Cinder: This is not a tragedy.

As the holograms across the planet connected to a single feed, an image of a black queen chess piece emanated as a sinister voice spoke from within.

Cinder: This was not an accident.

Everyone: !?

Cinder: This is what happens when you hand over your trust, your safety, your children, to men who claim to be our guardians, but are, in reality, nothing more than men. Our Academies' Headmasters wield more power than most armies, and one was audacious enough to control both.

From the Colosseum, General Ironwood stood up from his seat and marched down. From the fairgrounds, the Tenno instructed one of his closest friends.

Ryoma: Blake! Get ahold of Ruby, now!

Blake: Already on it!

Cinder: They cling to this power in the name of peace, and yet, what do we have here? One nation's attempt at a synthetic army, mercilessly torn apart by another's star pupil. What need would Atlas have for a soldier disguised as an innocent little girl? I don't think the Grimm can-.

*VVVRRRROOOOOOoooooo......*

Everyone: !?

As Cinder's speech went on, it was put to an abrupt end by the power grid's collapse, placing everyone in Vale in the dark, much to their confusion... especially to that of Cinder and company.

Cinder: ?

Emerald: ?

Mercury: ?

Roman: What the-!? Now how did they screw that up!?

But as the backup generators were turned on, the world was introduced to a new threat: Not one of an ominous queen chess piece, serenading a dark poem, but of a monstrous, power-hungry warmonger. One of it's many Galleon ships hovering over the Colosseum as well as across the city of Vale.

 One of it's many Galleon ships hovering over the Colosseum as well as across the city of Vale