(Mevie)

By: Kodyisland
Evie was mad. No, not just mad, she was furious. Her so-called best friend had just beat the crap out of her boyfriend. With absolutely no reason.

"Evie, come on, please talk to me." Mal said nervously. After Mal's fist connected with Doug's face, Evie had stormed back to their dorm room with Mal trailing closely behind her.

"Fuck off, Mal. I don't want to talk to or see you. Just go away." Evie replied. She slammed herself down onto her bed and shoved her face into her pillow. A loud groan escaped her mouth muffled by the pillow. Mal sighed and plopped down onto her bed across the room from the blue haired girl.

"Are you really that mad, E?" she asked quietly. She could tell that her friend was pissed. She couldn't help what she did though. Mal hates that Doug gets to be with Evie in the way that she should be. Call her jealous if you want to. It's true.

"YES, I'M THAT FREAKING MAD. YOU HAD NO RIGHT TO DO THAT, MAL." Evie's anger just kept growing. Mal was sitting across the room, looking at her sadly, as if she were the victim. She wasn't the one who got a fist to the face. "Just stop talking to me."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two weeks. It has been two weeks since Mal and Evie had spoken. Carlos and Jay were worried about their best friends. This is the longest the two girls had gone without speaking to each other. They get why Evie is mad. But they also understand why Mal had punched Doug. Just then the door to their room slammed open, and in entered Mal.

"She still won't talk to me. I give up." Mal groaned as she sat herself on one of their bean bag chairs.

"No. You can't give up. Not yet." Carlos nearly screamed his protest. He knew that Evie loved Mal too. There was no way she didn't, Evie looks at Mal the way that Carlos and Jay look at each other. Mal may not have noticed it, but Jay and Carlos certainly have.

"Calm down, C." Jay responded to his boyfriend's outburst with a chuckle. "Mal you gotta talk to her. She'll break. Trust us."

Mal sighed, "Fine. I'll give it another week. Then I'm done."

"Perfect." Jay and Carlos said simultaneously. The two boys looked at each other. They knew what they had to do. Once Mal had left their room, Carlos and Jay cuddled up on their couch to come up with a plan.

"Okay. So I'll take Evie, and you take Mal. I'll convince her to talk to Mal, and you convince Mal to tell Evie how she feels. Got it?" Carlos relayed the plan to his boyfriend. Jay nodded slowly along with him.

"Yeah I got it. Do you really think I can convince Mal though? She's just so stubborn." Jay replied with a sigh. He was right. His friend was as stubborn as they come.

"It'll be fine. Let's do this." Carlos smirked.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey Eves." Carlos said as he entered the girls' shared room. "Whatcha up to?"

"Hi Carlos. I'm just working on a design." Evie responded, not looking up from her sewing machine. "Did you need something?"

"Uh....yeah. Why are you still not talking to Mal? It's been two weeks." Carlos mumbled, scared of her reply. He watched as Evie's head shot up at his inquiry.

"Oh. Well she kinda punched my boyfriend in the face so..." Evie replied weakly. She knew that wasn't a good enough reason to ignore her best friend. But she was angry.

"Evie. You need to talk to her. She's your best friend. You haven't even bothered to listen to her side of the story."

"Does she really have a reasonable explanation as to why she almost broke Doug's nose?" Evie was skeptical. She knew Mal probably had a reason, but she was so caught up in her anger that she hadn't even asked for Mal to explain. She sighed, "Fine, I'll talk to her."

MEANWHILE

"M, you need to tell her that you love her." Jay said simply. He and Mal had been arguing back and forth for almost an hour now.

"ARE YOU INSANE. I CAN'T DO THAT. THAT COULD COMPLETELY RUIN EVERYTHING." Mal screamed her response.

"I am completely sane. And you know that I'm right. Stop being such a wuss."

Mal growled out as her eyes shone bright green, "Don't you dare call me that. I'll tell her when I'm ready to."

Their conversation was interrupted when Carlos burst into the room with Evie. The white haired boy went straight to his boyfriend, while Evie stayed in the doorway and stared at Mal.

"Hey. C-can I talk to you?" Her voice faltered slightly.

"Sure." Mal replied easily. Secretly she was so happy that Evie finally wanted to talk, but she didn't show it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So?" Mal didn't want to be the one to start the conversation.

"So." Evie chuckled nervously. "Why'd you do it, M?"

"I was jealous." Mal said under her breath.

"What? Sorry, I couldn't hear you."

"I said that I was jealous." Mal responded louder than before.

"You were jealous? Because I was spending so much time with him and not you?" Evie questioned.

"No."

"Mal, you don't have to be jealous. You'll always be my best friend. Doug isn't going to replace you. You shoul-." Evie continued her tangent, not hearing or not acknowledging what Mal had said.

"NO." The scream from her best friend cut Evie short. "Will you ever understand?! I did it because I love you."

"What?" Evie had never once heard those words fall from Mal's mouth. Does she mean that she loves me as a friend or she loves me as something more?

"I love you, Evie. As more than a friend." Mal uttered.

"oh." Evie couldn't think of any other response than that. How do you respond to your best friend suddenly proclaiming their love for you?

"I'm sorry. Just forget I said anything. Go be with Doug, he's so much better than-." Mal was cut off by lips on hers. Holy shit. She's kissing me.

"I love you too." Evie whispered as they pulled away. "And there is no way that Doug is better than you. Because I am not in love with him. I'm in love with you."

And with that, they leaned in to connect their lips again.

"HA. I TOLD YOU SO, BABE. I KNEW THEY WOULD KISS." They heard Carlos scream from the door, where he was eavesdropping with Jay.

"Shut up. They're gonna hear us."

"Too late!" Mal yelled out to them. She would kick their asses later. But right now she really just wants to kiss this girl again.