Chapter 23

Since no one bothered to eat anything fancy, Irene decided to just order food delivery. They had a simple dinner. After deciding to stay for the night at Irene's house, Jisoo and Jennie shared a room, Lisa and Rosé shared another whereas Irene stayed back at her own room.

Back in Jennie and Jisoo's room, Jisoo wanted to have a shower but she didn't want to leave Jennie alone. So Jisoo messaged Rosé and Lisa for them to come over to accompany Jennie for some time. Rosé and Lisa came as soon as they received the message then after letting them in, Jisoo went to have a shower.

Jennie lay in the bed then Rosé and Lisa joined her by her side. Not wanting to let Jennie have time to think about negative stuffs, Lisa and Rosé tried to start various conversations. Fortunately, Jennie casually joined in. It was just like the old times, everything felt so familiar yet something was lacking.

Jennie knew the reason they came, she also understood everyone's worries. She didn't want to worry people, so as much as she is in no mood to talk, she forced herself to say something. It was very struggling but she knew she had to do it. Forcing words out from her mouth, Jennie acted so normal that no one realised.

Every second was like torture to Jennie, she was pushing herself through it, fortunately Jisoo came out from the shower in a short while. Seeing it was time for them to rest, Lisa and Rosé gave each of them a hug then left. After sending them out, Jisoo sat at the dressing table and started drying her hair, Jennie who was laying on the bed stared at her from behind. Jisoo saw Jennie's glance from the mirror and gave her a small smile in reply.

After Jisoo was done, she walked over to Jennie and said:

"Shall we?"

Jennie looked at her and asked:

"Shall we what?"

"Travel off to our dreams in the land of fantasy?" Jisoo said, she was trying to make everything lighter

Indeed Jennie smiled a little then replied:

"Okay"

After Jisoo turned off the lights, she joined Jennie in the bed then said:

"Goodnight"

Jennie replied:

"Goodnight"

Jisoo lay down and gave Jennie a soft kiss on her forehead. Then Jisoo hugged Jennie from aside. Jennie appreciated it but she wasn't feeling right, so she didn't snuggle up to Jisoo's embrace. Jennie's brain was getting messier somehow but she didn't want to alarm Jisoo, so she forced her eyes closed and struggled to fell asleep.

After a very long time, when Jisoo though Jennie had already fallen asleep, she slowly let go and crept out from the bed. She tiptoed to the dressing table and sat at the chair over there. Through her phone, Jisoo started to look through the informations So Min sent her earlier about the interview tomorrow. She should have prepared earlier but she wanted to accompany Jennie. Assuming Jennie's asleep, only did Jisoo started her work.

But even though Jennie remained deadly still, she was still fighting to fall asleep. So she immediately noticed when Jisoo left the bed. Jennie watched as Jisoo walked to the dressing table and started reading her phone with no lights at all. The brightness was too strong and Jisoo couldn't adapt to it at first. Jennie watched as Jisoo's eyes squinter to read, which made Jennie guilty. Then she remembered the feeling when Lisa and Rosé talked to her, when she felt annoyed and torturing. Jennie felt horrible, she felt so guilty, she felt as if she shouldn't be annoyed over that. Everything was pressuring Jennie, every thought was crushing her, Jennie felt she was going to explode any moment.