Chapter 22 - Philadelphia

Comenzar desde el principio

Oh...

I slowly opened my eyes trying to figure out what just happened. He was smirking. I looked at him in confusion. He looked outside and then back at me. I immediately looked outside and saw the clouds. They were beautiful. 

He immediately took a pillow from the empty seat in front of us and placed it on his lap. I wonder why. 

I looked at Dave again and smiled. "You tricked me? Damn, you are such a player!"

"Of course, I did. Did you see your face when you were scared? It looked like you were going to pee in your pants. I just helped you."

I hit his arm and rolled my eyes "I wasn't that scared. Gosh I thought-" I trailed off realizing that I would have said something which would make the moment awkward.

"I wouldn't want our first one to be this way. I am a big fan of mile high club. I would love it if you are a member of that too but I wanted you to be different from the others." I heard him say and I blushed. I am pretty sure he didn't mean it. And what the hell was wrong with me just now?

Now he must be thinking I have feelings for him. Well no doubt, I do but I can't let him know. I am not his type. What if he plays with my heart and leaves it broken in the end. I am quite good in not showing my feelings so not letting him know wouldn't be a problem. But if he keeps getting close to me, then I don't think I will be able to hide my feeling for long. 

If he ever gets to know, I am pretty sure he would just laugh at my face and break our friendship. I don't want to let that happen. I would prefer Dave as my friend and not let him know about my feelings rather than letting him know and losing him forever. His not so innocent eyes, his smile, his double meaning jokes, etc. always makes my day. I think keeping your crush a secret is the best decision a girl can make. Especially, when you know that he can never be yours. It's better that I preserve the relationship we share now. Friendship. 

From the past 8 years, he is the best thing that ever happened to me. He is the only one who tries to make me smile. Even now, he refuses to leave me alone. He took up the responsibility of making me smile without me asking for it. Since the death of my parents, other than Mrs. Doris, if anyone has looked after me so much, it is him. 

Yup! It's definitely him. No second thoughts.

We soon landed and once again while landing Dave distracted me. No, not the same way. Unfortunately. He just cracked jokes and held my hand. Well that was enough to forget about my surroundings. I am never aware of anything around me when I am with him

Is that a bad thing? It definitely is.

Do I care? No!

We landed on Philadelphia around noon. We departed from the airport and as soon as I stepped  foot on the land of a new city, I saw a sleek black Mercedes Benz waiting for us. Geez! This man has everything planned. Perks of being rich you know.

We got into the car and drove off.

"Dave, what is this?" I asked. If it was about distracting me, then we could have gone anywhere. He must be having some attachment to Philadelphia.

"This? This is a car. It has four wheels. It's one of the many means of transport. It-"

"Dave. I know what it is. I am not a kid. What I mean to ask is why am-"

"No reason. Philadelphia is my home town and I was planning to visit it for a quite a while. I saw this as a perfect opportunity. Plus, I can show you around the town if we have time. But right now, we are heading to the mansion." He said as he focused on the road.