“Actually, no, Danielle. Jake here, has never even heard of Fountain Valley,” I informed her.

“What’s Fountain Valley?” she asked as she cocked her head to the side. “I’ve never heard of it.”

I face palmed myself. Do I have to spell it out for her? “It’s where Aunt Vicky lives!”

“Oh yeah!” Her smile faltered. She turned back to Jake.“You’ve never really heard of it?”

“Nope!” Jake said, popping the ‘p’. “I have no idea where it is.”

“Really? I was looking forward to meeting you! That sucks. . .”

“Danielle, I already told you. California is hugemungo. There’s no way we would possibly meet Jake,” I told her for the millionth time. Well, no, I over exaggerated. It’s only the second time I’ve told her that.

“I know, I know.” Danielle began fiddling her thumbs, going into her own little world.

“Did she really think we were going to meet?” he asked, showing an adorable crooked smile. Those dimples! I just want to eat them up! Er. . . Too far?

I nodded. “Yeah, she did.”

“Did you?”

Well, I kind of did. . . But, I’m not telling him that. I’d probably make a fool of myself anyways. So. . . I lied to him. “No, I didn’t.”

“Well, you never know. It’s possible. . .”

Danielle’s head shot up in my direction, and gave me ‘the look’ that says: did you just hear that!? I stopped folding my clothes, and looked at my computer.

“What did you just say?”

What is this boy hiding!?

* * *

Okay, this is totally wrong. I know it is! I knew I shouldn’t be doing this. . .

Scrolling through my friends’ list on Facebook, I found the name I was looking for: Jake Carter. I clicked on his name and waited for his profile to load.

This may sound really stalker-like, but I need to know where this kid lives. Does he live close to Fountain Valley? He said he doesn’t even know what or where that is! Is he lying to me? Why would he lie to me? The only way to find out if he does live anywhere near Fountain Valley is to look on his Facebook profile. Everyone has all their info on there, right?

Blah, blah, blah. I was looking for where he lives, I didn’t want to know his freaking life story!

Found it! I stared at the screen blankly. You’ve got to be kidding me, right?