I was just about to protest further when Julie walked over and took the microphone from Owen’s hand. He stepped back as she took a list out of her pocket and unfolded the crisp paper.

“Now boys, quite down,” she said hushing the wild camp members.

In a matter of seconds, the whole room was silent. Wow, they really must respect Julie.

“Okay boys, I have the list right here, I’ll start calling off who you are partnered with. Okay, Mike and Noah, Joey and Michael, Tim and Danny, Mia and Landon, Ren and Jim…”

I snapped out of my daze. Did she say Mia and Landon? No, it couldn’t be. Frowning, I turned my head to where Landon stood. His face held the same frustrated expression as mine.

“I’m sorry Mia, I know you don’t like him,” Gavin quietly said into my ear.

Sighing, I didn’t reply. Not liking Landon was an understatment Averting my gaze away from Landon, I turned to face Gavin. “Can you please kill me now.”

“Maybe not now in front of all these people, but later tonight if I have time, you know, clear up my schedual” he replied sarcastically.

“Don’t worry, I can take care of that.”

The familiar and annoying voice filled my head with frustrating thoughts. Looked to my side and found Landon peering down at me.

“Hello partner,” I said grimly.

His face scrunched up in annoyance. “Don’t act like you’re the only one who doesn’t want this partnership.”

Landon’s face was serious but so was I. There was no way we would get along three days straight trying to find clue after clue. Plus, I don’t think I can handle looking at Landon’s gorgeous face all the time. I mean, with Gavin it’s easy because he is just a nice person, but with Landon I just want to kiss him and punch him at the same time.

“There’s a difference. You don’t want this partnership. I would rather have my eyes scratched out by a cat than be by you. See the difference?”

My tone was harsh, and Gavin let out a little chuckle. Landon’s eyes flashed with anger as he turned to face Gavin. “Is there something funny?”

“I just find it amusing that you manage to make the nicest people truly hate you. It’s a gift man” he replied sarcastically.

Landon’s face reddened with anger and his dark eyes flashed back to me. “Mia isn’t the closest thing to nice.”

“I’m closer than you Mr. grumy gills,” I said with a wink.

“Come on Mia, let’s go get some food,” Gavin interrupted my stare down with Landon.

Giving the sexy yet evil boy one last smile, I turned around and headed towards the refreshment table. The next three days would be long ones…

**

The crackling fire burst up little flames and I watched as they spun and swirled in the air before drifting down and disintegrating into the dirt covered forest floor. Looking down at my red cup, I brought it to my mouth and let the sour tasting beer slip down my throat. I drank it for the buzz, not the taste.

Some rowdy kid ran into me, and my drink spilt over the side of my cup. “Hey watch it,” I called out angrily.

With red eyes, he turned to face me. “Sorry,” he replied before running back over to his friends.

“Let’s play a game.”

I turned to the person who was talking. It was Mark; I had only talked to him a few other times. It was probably because the only people I really hung out with were Owen and Gavin. “Yeah, let’s play a game beside beer pong. I already whooped all your asses multiple times in that.”

Mark and Gavin both smiled, and I looked around the small circle of people that had formed. After the rec party we had for the birthday boy named Conner, who was currently sitting with us, Owen had led us all out to our regular secret hiding place, which meant he knew about it the whole time and gave us drinks. Although everyone had stuff planned already, Owen brought the beer pong table and expensive liquor.

“Truth or dare!” a boy named Ren said.

We all booed his lame idea and looked around. What was there to play out in the forest on a hot summer night?

“I have an idea? Anyone ever heard of Slender man?” I asked, my voice a bit amused. Most of the boys nodded their heads and a grin spread across my face. “Well, me and my friends last summer would play this game where one person would be the slender man, and everyone else would go hide in the woods. Then, slender man has to come find us and chase us back to the base, or here. Kind of like a night game. Oh, and if you get too scared in the woods alone and come back to base, you have to jump into the lake naked.”

At the last part, I giggled a little. So, maybe I had a few to many drinks. I was amazing at this game, and would never chicken out.

“Sounds pretty fun, I’m in,” Gavin agreed, a few other boys nodding their heads with him.

“Oh, and birthday boy has to be it!” I squealed in excitement.

Everyone suddenly stood up and spread out, leaving only the birthday boy and me at the fire. “Count to fifty, and no looking!”

Without another wood, I turned towards the dark woods and took off. I only had taken a couple steps out of the clearing when I saw a tree suitable to climb. My strategy was the best, slender man would never look up in the trees. Smiling, I pulled myself up a couple branches, slipping here and there.

After a couple tires, I found the branch and sat down. Then I waited. It seemed like forever, even though it was probably only a few minutes. Soon enough, the birthday boy stumbled into my view, and even though he couldn’t see my, I still held my breath.

He looked around once or twice before moving on. Laughing to myself, I jumped down from the tree, forgetting how high I was. My feet and ankles absorbed the pain, and I let out a little cry. Note to self, don’t climb trees while intoxicated.

“You okay?”

My heart almost leapt out of my chest when Owen’s voice filled the silent night air. Spinning around, I faced the sexy cook. “Don’t sneak up on me like that!”

He rolled his eyes and took a step closer. “Come on I know a great hiding spot.”

Thinking about being alone with Owen made me a bit uneasy, but I nodded my head an followed him deeper into the forest.

 Unedtited!

Sorry this took so long, but at least I warned everyone. Also, sorry this is a little shortL anyway, this was my schools homecoming week, and I had a lot of homework and other stuff going on over the weekend. HOMECOMING ON SATURDAY. Can’t wait:D

So, what do you think’s going to happen?

Comment and vote! :d