one

Lana was having one of those days. You know, just one of those shit days where you can't be bothered with anything and you just want to get home and collapse onto your bed?

Lana had been working since seven in the morning, sorting through files and fetching people coffee all day. Lana had been working as an internship position for 'VOGUE' for the past year now, in hope to fulfill her long loved dream of becoming a famous editor for a popular magazine some day. Honestly, she had no idea how doing people's dirty work and getting treated like a dog was going to help her pursue this dream, but she wasn't willing to turn down getting to be a small part of such a huge business.

Most days, Lana would just put on a happy face and get on with her work - keeping in the back of her mind that all this would pay off some day. Yet, there was something about today, which just made everything seem to shitty.

Perhaps it was the fact that it was the hottest day of the year and she was filing in a small room with no air conditioning - feeling as if she was going to pass out. Perhaps it was the fact that whilst running for the elevator earlier, she had slipped over and the heel of her shoe had snapped off; maybe it was the way her boss had told her that if she ever wanted to become an editor, she had to expect at least three more years of this bullshit every day.

Lana had enough. All she wanted was to get back to her small apartment down a quiet street in New York and prepare herself for tomorrow to go through all of this again. She hopped into her black mini, barefoot since her shoes were now useless, and started the engine with a sigh.

Lana just wanted to get home, put her pyjamas on and watch girly movies until she would fall asleep on the sofa. She wasn't in the mood for socializing, in fact she couldn't remember the last time she did go on a night out with the girls. Although Lana had a small role at work, she took her job very seriously and was willing to be as hardworking as possible to get where she needed to be. Lana knew she would just have to keep smiling until good luck came her way.

However, the smile soon fades from Lana's red matte lips once she notices the long line of hundreds of varied cars queuing in front of her. Lana slams her foot onto the brakes, her mouth gaping open as she lowers Ed Sheeran playing on the radio and peers out of her window to see how long the line went on for. 

She was going to be here for hours.

"Shit!" Lana curses, banging her palms against the steering wheel, honking on the horn and weeping like a child having a tantrum. Lana didn't even care that all the windows of her car were currently open, due to her never getting a chance to fix the air conditioning, she was just upset and angry. Lana had by this point had enough of everything. 

"Hey, you're going to do yourself some damage if you carry on like that, darling," A voice calls from her left.

Lana raises her head, which she had been bashing against the steering wheel in rage, and peers over to the boy sat in the red open roof Jaguar beside her car. He was tanned and gorgeous, his dark features suiting his complexion very nicely. Lana was caught up in admiring the boy's beauty for a moment, to realize that he had a devilish, sexy smirk across his face - which Lana wanted to slap right off.

"I wasn't asking for your opinion, darling," Lana scoffs, slouching in her seat as she anxiously taps her fingers against the wheel, praying the traffic would move soon.

The boy continues to pester. "Look, babe," he speaks sexy and arrogantly, "if you're looking to kill some time, my backseat is pretty comfortable."

Lana glares at the boy in disgust, wanting him to erase the gorgeous grin off of his face. "Go fuck yourself."

Lana knew the words, which he spoke before they even left his lips. "Baby, I'd much rather fuck you."

Lana rolls her eyes at the boy's attempt to sweet talk her, knowing exactly what his type is. Lana had a track record when it came to these specific types of men: assholes. In the twenty one years she had walked his earth, it seemed that every experience with a man always ended in him fucking her over. It all began with her father, who's a complete asshole, and the pattern seemed to continue through to any love interest she had.

No, seriously. Lana had experienced them all. Mr It's not you, it's me. Mr I love football more than you. Mr Cheat. Mr Liar. Mr Hasn't washed in three weeks. Oh yeah, and the classic Mr I'm not ready for a relationship yet (he says after she catches him in bed with her best friend). The list goes on.

"You're disgusting," Lana spits, agitated by this boy's actions. If he was seriously looking for some love right now, Lana was definitely not where he was going to get it. After all, she had the shittiest day in ages and all she wanted was to get home and forget all of it. "In fact, why don't you go and hit on the car in the other lane beside you, I'm sure she'll be interested if you try hard enough."

The boy chuckles, showing his perfect teeth and perfect smile. God, she hated him already. "Already tried, sweetheart," the boy shrugs, "Surprisingly, I'm not a seventy year old man's type. Weird, right? I mean, I'm everyone's type."

Lana just watches the boy, coolly slouch in his chair - placing one hand on the wheel and the other arm leaning on the rim of the window. Everything about him seemed so sexy. From his messy black hair, to his black vest with some band's logo on the front - looking like a million dollars. He leans forward in his seat, resting his head on the steering wheel, with his hands gripped onto the wheel also as he looks over to Lana again with a smirk.

"Well," Lana says quickly, realizing it was evident she was staring. "You're not my type, lover boy."

The boy lets out a raspy chuckle, as Lana hits the electronic button to roll the window back up. She wasn't too bothered that she was going to roast to death, she just wanted this boy to stop talking to her - especially before she lost her morals and gave into this foolish boy's ways.

"We're going to be spending a few more hours together, love," the boys calls, flashing her a wink, "you'll be surprised how convincing I can be."

-

idk i felt like starting something new hope you like it so far!

if you cant tell, this fanfic is going to be pretty short and so are the chapters but whatever im excited for where this is going to go