XXVI.

Slowly Loki turned his head around, his cold green eyes focusing on his brother. His nose was bleeding, but he didn't seem to care.
The god tilted his head and a wicked smile appeared on his bloody face. "You really think that little punch bothers me? Oh brother, even a cat would cause more damage than you." With that being said he looked over to Fury, smirking.

"Loki", Fury hissed, "Go to your room. Now."
"Oki Doki. Much fun to all of you, see you later." And he vanished in a green light.
"Thank God", Nat whispered, "I hate this guy."
Stark sighed and said: "We should really get him to take some pills. This can't go on like that."

Quietly they continued eating.

A few hours later they all sat in the living room, Nat was cleaning her guns while the others played video games.
After some time Peter went to the piano and tried to play the tune Loki showed him.

Somehow the boy didn't feel good. All the time he thought about Mr. Loki, who was sitting in his room now, alone.

Sighing Peter stood up and went to the kitchen.

The curtains of Loki's room were closed. It was nearly pitch black in there, but the shallow light that gleamed through the curtains was mirrored in the pieces of glass laying on the floor. These pieces were once a mirror.
The god couldn't stand looking at himself. He felt horrible, not because his nose was hurting but because of his behavior.

A sudden knocking on the door interrupted his thoughts. Loki didn't even answer. Surely it was Thor or Stark... He didn't want to see anyone.
"Mr. Loki, Sir? May I come in? I got us some cookies!"
Surprised the black haired man looked up, and with a movement of his hand the mess he had caused vanished and the mirror was whole again. "Y...yeah, sure. Come in."
The door opened and bright light flooded the room. Peter stood in the doorway, his shadow falling onto the god.
"Why is it so dark in here?", the boy asked as coming in. Quietly he closed the door behind him and sat down next to the trickster.
"You want a cookie?", Peter asked, placing the plate between the two. Loki shook his head and stared into the large mirror whose splitters were covering the floor just seconds ago.
"Are you better now?" Damn, this boy really wanted to talk to him. Finally the adult answered. "Yes. How about the others?"
"Oh... They're playing Mario Kart right now."
"They are playing what?"
"It's some kind of car racing game... I can show it to you later."
Silence filled the room for a few seconds, until the older one asked: "Is Thor still mad at me?" His voice was only a whisper, but Peter understood him very well.
"I honestly don't know, but he loves you. Even if he's still mad, he won't be forever. Siblings are supposed to fight from time to time I think."

As Peter glared at his friend he noticed something glittering on his face and soon realized the god was crying.
Without thinking about it the boy laid his arms around him and hugged the man carefully. "I know it's difficult. But we are helping you with this", Peter mumbled into Loki's soft black hair, "Remember you aren't alone. We can do this. Together."