IX.

The sound of shattering glass made Stark turn around. Thor was laying in his brother's blood, while Loki was gone. The window behind them was completely destroyed, and a line of dark red spots marked the way from the puddle of blood to the window.

"Damn", Stark shouted and ran to the window. They were in the fifth floor now... If the god really jumped from there...

But down there was nothing. No Loki.

Thor moaned and sat up. "What happened?", Banner asked.
"Don't know... There was this green light..."
Stark rubbed his temples and mumbled "I shot him... Fuck..." But he realized they couldn't do anything at the moment, so he helped Thor up and together they brought Peter to his room.

"Seems like he really doesn't want to go to Asgard again", Stark tried to joke, but the two men simply ignored him.
"Hey!", the slightly drunk man grumbled, "Why are you mad at -"
Thor rushed around, staring at the human. "I am mad at you because it's your fault my brother is now out there, completely alone and with a destroyed leg! What if he dies?"

Stark laughed nervously. "I don't think he'll die because I shot him in the knee..."
"Well... There was a lot of blood...", Banner admitted, "And he jumped out of a window in the 5th floor..."
"But..."
"No! No buts! If he dies it's your fault. I will go now and try to find him." With that Thor left and Stark stood there, looking at Banner. The last one shook his head and walked away with Peter in his arms, leaving Stark alone. There was only one thing he could do...

It has started to snow. Limping the black haired god made his way through New Yorks Streets.
He didn't knew how he got here, but he guessed that his magic activated again as he jumped out of the window.

Now he had a big problem. Everyone at the Headquarters now thought he tried to kill Peter.
Even his brother.
He was alone again... And the pain in his leg grew stronger.

Loki was wearing his tunic, and it could only be a matter of time till someone would recognize him and call the police.

Slowly he realized they gazed. The people who walked by stared at him. They were talking about him... He could feel it. The pain was overwhelming and suddenly he felt cold, like uncomfortably cold.. just as he realized he was losing his consciousness he heard a familiar voice behind him. It sounded kinda hollow, like spoken through a helmet. Panicking he turned around and saw a yellow and red figure. His sight was getting blurry as he walked faster to get away from Iron Man and his heart was beating faster, sweat running down his forehead. His breath was shallow and the injury hurted like hell, but no one could bring him back to Asgard.

"Loki, stop", the hollow voice shouted right behind him. Flinching the god turned around, staring into blueish glowing eyes. He didn't notice that the people around them had drawn back in fear, some had pulled out their phone to call the police or make photos of the scenery.

A wave of energy flooded his body, and a well known feeling drowned his pain, his fear. "Stay away, puny mortal!", he shouted, not feeling his knee anymore. He had tried to change, he really wanted to, but this man ruined everything.

Iron Man would die tonight.